Author Topic: Gynecomastia and puberty  (Read 1850 times)

Offline naablet

I'm 18 now but I started getting gynecomastia during early puberty, so 12-13ish. Still have it.

Is gynecomastia a sign for other health risks during puberty?
I'm asking this because I did not fully develop secondary physical attributes that occur in most males during puberty such as facial hair, broadening of shoulders and I have not increased in height since 13-14 years old.

Additional Info:
I went to the doctor a couple months ago to get blood tests done, hormones, testosterone levels, etc. were normal.
But during early puberty, if these levels were not normal, could it have affected me?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Gynecomastia can occur as a result of hormonal imbalance during puberty, and it's not necessarily a sign of anything abnormal, other than physiological hormonal fluctuation.  But it can also be a sign of disorders, for example, Kleinfelter's Syndrome, which is a genetic abnormality.   You should be evaluated by your primary care physician--who may have already explored these possibilities with your testing.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Your history is a common one. As you perhaps already know your question is not straightforward.The answer depends on a number of variables related to your history,physical exam and laboratory values.There are some scientific articles on the site and I would suggest you start by reading those.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024