Author Topic: Need your suggestion  (Read 3426 times)

Offline iamnothappy

• Posting Member
Hello Doctor,
I had my glands excised and lipo done same time last year . I am enclosing some recent pics of my chest.

I have some queries:

1) Somewhat right side looks little bit swollen. Do I still have some gland left on right side? or is it just fat?

2) I see some mild depression on the right side. can it be rectified?

3) What's your opinion on the result? is there any scope for further improvement. If yes, what improvements can be acheived?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 02:58:37 PM by iamnothappy »

Offline iamnothappy

• Posting Member
some more pics:

Offline iamnothappy

• Posting Member
some more pics:

Offline iamnothappy

• Posting Member
Hi Gyne Surgery Experts,
I have consulted several Plastic surgeons in my place for revision surgery. one doctor told me I still have some gland on right side. one doctor I only have some fat on right side. one doctor told me that I have loose skin and I don't have either gland or fat. one doctor told me I might have some scar tissue on right side. am so confused now.
request you to look at my pics and share your opinion?
thanks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You tend to stand in a relaxed pose with your right shoulder lower -- which then makes the right nipple appear lower.  Assuming that your nipples are level when you stand straight, then it appears that there is some residual tissue on both sides and some minor skin laxity on the left side.  Can't really say anything else without benefit of a hands-on exam.

In the hands of an experienced gyne surgeon, you should probably be able to get a decent improvement.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline iamnothappy

• Posting Member
some more pics when flexing my muscles

do you see any other defects? i also some white patches on right side .

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
The contour issues and asymmetry have been pretty well described.  I'm not sure how your results compare to where you started, since we don't have your pre-op photos. Certainly, the issues that remain appear to be things that could be improved with a touch-up procedure.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline iamnothappy

• Posting Member
thanks Doctor for clarifications. some pre-op pics.
what do you feel about the result when you compare post-op with pre-op pics?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Certainly you are smaller on both sides.

However, there does appear to be residual excess tissue on the right and some lax skin on the left, which is perhaps due to over excision on the left side.
But photos can be deceiving and you are best evaluated in person by your own surgeon or by another experienced gyne surgeon.

Dr Jacobs

Offline iamnothappy

• Posting Member
Dr. Eliot Jacobs,
Thanks a lot for looking into my pre-op/post-op pics and sharing your opinion. It always helps gyne sufferers like me to a great extent. Appreciate that. I have one clarification. it may sound silly to you. However I just wanted to confirm with you once however foolish my question may be. Please check the attached pic.
I have two questions:
1)When you say "I have some lax skin on the left", are you talking about the side which  I have written "left"?
2) When you say "there does appear to be residual excess tissue on the right", are you referring to glandular tissue? or fat tissue? or both?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, the side labeled left on your photo.  But then again, it may just be shadow -- that's why an in-person exam is needed.

As for excess tissue, I use the word "tissue" because it can be either fat or gland (usually both) but now you have scar tissue thrown in as well.  That's what makes revision surgery so much more difficult.

Dr Jacobs

Offline iamnothappy

• Posting Member
Thanks Doctor for quick clarification. Really appreciate that.

Offline iamnothappy

• Posting Member
Dr. Eliot Jacobs,
I have one more query. on right side, i do feel some hard tissue right under areola. however areola itself is soft (when i touch it). could this be left-over gland or scar tissue? the reason i am asking this question is one PS told me he would do only liposuction. however if it's gland, mere liposuction may not help. what if that turns to be a scar tissue, would surgeon remove the scar tissue itself?
thanks.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You absolutely cannot tell anything by how it "feels."  The surgeon must be ready to deal with whatever tissue he encounters during the actual operation.

In general, one wants to remove whatever "excess tissue" is present -- but still maintain enough so that there is no crater deformity afterwards -- a delicate balance and one which requires a lot of experience.

Dr Jacobs

Offline iamnothappy

• Posting Member
Dr Elliot Jacobs,
Thanks for your reply. i thought surgery may not be required for scar tissue. I have heard about kenalog injections for scar tissue. could you please clarify?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024