Author Topic: Compression vest  (Read 5769 times)

lurkin505

I have been wearing the compression vest now for about a week. I had a very successful surgery and everything seems to be healing, just need to let nature take it's course. I was wondering if I could switch to the sleeveless under armour. When I went for a checkup 4 days after surgery the doc said that it would be fine, however he would prefer the compression garment provided to me. What do you guys think?

Offline Shawnw1531

• Bronze Member
I am 72 hours post op. Stick it out and wear the compression vest. If you want the best outcome keep wearing it. I just took my first shower and was able to take the vest off for the first time(was a relief) and i put a small white t shirt on underneath my other vest. But its your call man.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Def ride it out with the vest. Put a under armour underneath the compression vest to be more comfortable and fit the contours even better. So much better with under armour under the vest.

lurkin505

Do you guys have pads under your vest?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I wore them for the first week. I don't think I needed to wear em that long though. Call your docs office and ask him or the nurse how long they want you to wear em for if your not sure. They do help out.

lurkin505

Also, how tight does the compression vest need to be? When I wake up in the morning, I feel like it is so tight that it is cutting off circulation to my body... ??? ??? ???

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
It doesn't need to be that tight. Is it the kind you can adjust? You just need the skin pushed against the muscle. Are you wearing pads inside?

lurkin505

Yeah there are the two foam pads and it is the one that you can adjust... I wore under armour, pads then compression vest... I know it sounds excessive but I just want to be comfortable too...

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
How many days out are you?

lurkin505

so far one week

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I'd ditch the pads and wear the under armour and the vest. I know you should ask your doc first but you don't need the pads anymore in my opinion.

I did the same thing for a couple days. Under armour, pads and vest. You'll get plenty of compression from the under armour and the vest combined.

How's your physic? Do you have big hips or a belly at all? I know after a big dinner it felt tight on my stomach. You can do tricks to be more comfortable when you sleep. Sometimes I would unzip it and unbutton the bottom two hooks. It makes it so you can breath a lot better when you sleep.

I hated the vest after two weeks but I forced myself to wear it for six weeks. You only have this surgery once "hopefully". So make it count. Let me know if any of that helps.

lurkin505

I am pretty fit, I have a belly but its nothing huge. I did have almost 2 liters of lipo removed though. 6 weeks!!! good lord! that is a long time to wear the vest! Did you ever ditch the vest for a day or two and just rock the under armour? reason for saying this is because I have an important event to attend in the beginning of July where photos will be taken etc...  I was by then I should be able to just wear the under armour under a dress shirt and tie... Just dont want to look like I am wearing a bullet proof vest in my photos haha....

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I'd reward myself by taking off the vest in the morning when I woke up for an hour on week two. Then on week three, two hours in the morning. I'd take it off for thirty minutes before bed too.

You'll be fine to wear the under armour for an event. Just throw the vest on after and try to finish the six weeks. The compression will make you heal faster. Thats a good thing cause it can take a long time without it. Also, sleeping with it on is a smart thing cause that's a lot of hours you can take advantage of the benefits.

You can also get a second stage vest after a while. It's more comfortable and you can't tell you're wearing it. That's what I would wear under t shirts. Plus if you workout or jog you might want one to keep your chest from swelling after workouts or bouncing while jogging.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
If you're talking about an event where a couple days you'll need to hide it from people you might want to look up underworks micro fiber tank top on amazon. You could wear that with the under armour and no one would know. I wouldn't go lots of hours without some good compression and those two together are something I used at three weeks when I went on vacation. Def sleep with the vest on

lurkin505

Thanks for the advice, I just purchased the tank you mentioned on Amazon...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024