Author Topic: 1 month post op hard puffy nipples.  (Read 2712 times)

Offline puffy8135

Hello doctors,
I had surgery done on my puffy nipples with a well known gynecomastia doctor about a month ago. Everything looked great until the 2-3 week post op mark.  Lumps have formed under each areola which is tender( Sorta like the glands I had removed)  and in return puffing my nipples back out basically back to where I was prior to surgery.  They also feel extremely hard.  Is this normal? Can I expect them to flatten back out? I know its still early stages however i am consirned. Thank you!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It is very common to have swelling of the sub-areolar remnant after surgery, and it can take months for this to resolve completely.  In some cases, where the lump persists related to swelling or scar tissue, a Kenalog injection can help to resolve the problem, though it's early to pursue this option in your case.  On rare occasions, excess tissue might remain, requiring further excision to remedy the problem, but it's way too early to entertain that idea.  Time will tell.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline puffy8135

Thank you for the response doc.  Do you recommend massaging?  Icing?  Anything too speed things up for healing?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I recommend massage post-operatively. 

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024