Author Topic: Assymettry In Nipples (size and position) 1 Week Post OP  (Read 1266 times)

Offline jnd3344

• Posting Member
I had the same problem before surgery is this going to get better? Here is a picture

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
If you had pre-operative asymmetry, it's likely that there will still be some asymmetry post-operatively, unless something was done (areolar reduction) to correct the asymmetry.  It's hard to tell from your photos how much asymmetry is present--it doesn't look all that bad, though it looks like there's bruising on one side as compared to the other side. This might cause more swelling on that side, which would impact the symmetry.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Virtually no human being is absolutely perfecetly mirror-image symmetric.

Properly performed gyne surgery is aimed at removing the excess tissue underneath the skin and by doing so, the nipples usually shrink somewhat.  If one side was originally larger than the other, then there is more skin on the larger side that has to shrink down -- and sometimes it never quite matches the smaller side.

I tend to be conservative in these situations because slight differences visible only to you are not easily correctable with surgery except with additional scars.

Let me be the voice of reason:  why not live with the results for a while and see if it really bothers you 6 - 12 months from now?

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024