Author Topic: revision costs  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Ride09

• Posting Member
Hi doctors, just had a quick question about revision.
I understand all cases are individual and need to be evaluated separately, but on average is there a major price difference between revision and original surgery? Some quick background info...I had puffy nipples and excision to remove tissue. The procedure left me with scar tissue/a small crater on one side pulling the nipple inward.  Again I understand it's a case by case price range but I don't want to spend 250+ on a consultation just for a doctor to tell me the surgery is out of my price range afterwards. So far I have not found a single doctor who can even give me a price range. 

Thanks for any imput

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
As you have implied in your question the cost is dependent on what was done initially and what is required to correct or more usually improve the problem.It is typically more difficult to correct a problem than to perform the original surgery.As a broad rule of thumb the cost approximates the original surgery.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Cost does vary, but I tend to charge the same fee for revision as for a primary gynecomastia procedure.  This is for patients who had their original procedure by another surgeon.  Revisions on my own patients are usually done in the office with local anesthesia at a modest fee that covers expenses of the procedure.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery