Author Topic: Gyno or just thinking too much?  (Read 2342 times)

Offline ritchiebabz

• Posting Member
Just wondering on opinions. I am currently gaining weight due to my gym activities (obviously, gaining fat too), but I was never sure even at low bodyfat if I had gyno, lately my nipples don't seem to even go soft though, so its hard to get accurate pictures.. :S I havee a fairly large chest through my training and makes it harder for me to tell, in my opinion anyway.

ritch

Offline ritchiebabz

• Posting Member

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have a fine looking chest.  Perhaps just a trace of extra tissue extending laterally -- but that is something one could find only by scrutinizing your chest.

Relax, enjoy and don't fret about your chest.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline ritchiebabz

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply, I have some 'newer' pictures which kind of show the issue more if you wouldn't mind looking? Thanks

I have gained weight lately, not sure if it is just fat - after squeezing my right nipple it does hurt but i've squeezed it like... 10 days straight, ha. There is a slight lump underneath the nipple (under the areola circluar part, not really 'behind' the nipple) - doesn't really hurt to squeeze it often.. and if I remember rightly the first thing that happened was just like an itching sensation so i kept squeezing and squeezing and eventually a small yellowy discharge came out (I shave my chest, was wondering if somehow its a hair follicle thing?) but i had to squeeze ridiculously hard and it was only that once, about 6 days ago now and hasn't happened since.. I didn't touch my nipple at all yesterday and the pain was lessened today).

Offline ritchiebabz

• Posting Member
Pics (won't alllow me to post them all in one post :/)

Offline ritchiebabz

• Posting Member

Offline ritchiebabz

• Posting Member

Offline ritchiebabz

• Posting Member

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, these are better photos and they do show a small amount of gyne.  But you also appear overweight in these pix compared to the original ones -- perhaps you gained more weight than you think.

Before you leap into surgery, would certainly recommend working out and returning to your original weight -- then evaluate your chest and see if you can live with it or if it bothers you sufficiently to seek surgical help.

And by the way, why the heck are you squeezing your poor nipples?  Sure they are gonna be sore if you squeeze them til they're crying out in pain.

Dr Jacobs

Offline ritchiebabz

• Posting Member
Thanks for the response. Yeah I'm a bodybuilder so gaining weight intentionally - faster than I wanted to, but I know how to reverse it.  When I was 8-9kg lighter, the effects of this were much more minimal (as far as I can remember..), could it be lipmastia and also the increase of food intake has been large, i'm holding much more water, now. The plan is to go back to my original weight or close to my original weight starting in 8-9 weeks time.

From squeezing my nipple is there a possibility I could have created this small lump underneath the areola?

ritch

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Just wondering if you're using any supplements that might be causing the gynecomastia to develop?

RS
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery