Author Topic: Liposuction cannula's diameters, lenths and shape?  (Read 2022 times)

Offline marcco

• Posting Member
Gynecomastia surgery could be performed under the National Health Insurance in my country, and basically the costs would be far lower.
What is quite "popular" is that doctors from public hospitals make an excuse that they do not have an appropriate cannulas for liposuction part, and therefor you need to undergo a surgery in some of private hospitals.

I intend to buy a liposuction cannula on my own, but I do not know of what diameter, length and shape would it be?
Here is a screenshot from a company I intend to buy.
Any recommendations on the diameter, length at shape please?
I did not provide any information on the company that sells them, so this is in no way an advertizing of their goods.
Thank you.

Offline marcco

• Posting Member
It seems either 2mm or 3mm cannulas should be sufficient for breast liposuction.
What about the length of the cannulas? Is 15cm sufficient?

Thank you.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
In addition to cannulas, a machine is required, an injection device to administer tumescent fluid, injection cannulas, tubing and all sorts of other items.  Unless you know that the hospital has all of these items, and you purchase the specific cannulas that the surgeon prefers, you could potentially spend far more on equipment than it would cost to have the surgery. You need to re-think your plan.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline marcco

• Posting Member
Thank you for the reply doctor Silverman.
I think they have all these things you mentioned, only the cannulas are problematic. At least that's what they told me.

One question: can most of your cannulas be mounted onto a single handle you are using? I know there are different sorts of handles, but is connection thread on a single handle sufficient for a couple of cannulas with different diameters?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
The cannulas I use are all single piece including the handle. They aren't inter-changeable.

RS

Offline marcco

• Posting Member
Thank you Doctor Silverman.
Always helpful.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024