Author Topic: Free nipple graft  (Read 2374 times)

Offline saggyboobs

• Posting Member
To all the doctors especially to Dr Elliot Jacobs who has done quite  a few nipple grafts

Can a person walk and do basic stuff like coffee making ,showering and changing clothes and stuff the next day after a free nipple graft. Is the pain similar to the normal excision and lipo procedure. In a weeks time can a person undertake desk jobs?

Liposuction isnt very agggresive in free nipple graft , if I judged right,  so does this help in lesser pain and swelling.

More emphasis is on manually removing the tissue and skin rather than lipo was my basis of judgement.

Please suggest. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
A mastectomy with free nipple grafts is only done for very large and very droopy breasts.  It is a major operation and not to be taken lightly.  Think of it as equivalent to a double mastectomy for a woman -- a significant operation!

Therefore, I advise taking it very easy for the first few days after surgery.  Not necessarily in bed but not very vigorous either.  No showering for about a week -- but you can take a bath to wash yourself with care not to get the chest dressings wet.  There are usually drains that are placed for a few days.  Pain is very individual -- cannot comment on that.  And I usually do a fair amount of liposuction along with it -- in order to shape the surrounding tissues, the lateral chest wall, etc.  Interestingly, the lipo'd areas are NOT painful.

You should be able to return to a desk job within a week -- perhaps a few days sooner.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024