Author Topic: Good or bad results?  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Holysin

• Posting Member
I am 9 weeks post op and the problem is that i don't know if my results are ok or not.Honestly I am not Satisfied with the results at this moment.I still got something behind my nipple but i don't know if it's something that is gonna pass or not.I will post some photos so u can see what i am talking about.I wish you can give me some advice and also tell me what is happening to me.As I said I am not satisfied and i hope my chest will look better...

Offline Holysin

• Posting Member
2 more photos

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
There are several issues. First, it is too early in your recovery to know what the final result will look like.Second ,because you can pinch skin around the nipple does not mean you have gynecomastia. Being able to pinch skin around the nipple and areola is possible in everyone ,it is a normal finding.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
As Dr. Pensler has said, it's early to determine the results.  In mild cases, where puffy nipples are the main problem, the swelling at the operative site can sometimes seem worse than the original problem was, and until that swelling has fully resolved--which can take many months--you don't know the final result.  If there is scar tissue developing, this can often be diminished with a corticosteroid (Kenalog, for example) injection, but I don't usually do that so early in the post-operative course.  If tissue was not adequately excised, then additional tissue might need to be removed, but that's a decision I would hold off on for at least 9 months to a year after surgery in most cases.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Holysin

• Posting Member
Thank you Dr. Pensler and Dr. Rick Silverman for answering my question.As you said it is too early to determine the final results.In this case i have few more questions.Should i just let the time pass away or should i go to the doctor and tell him what upsets me.In case i need kenalog injections should i try to get them now or later?What's the difference between kenalog injections done at 3 months and kenalog injections done at 6 months.Do they have the same results even if the scare tissue could have become harder during that time?Thank you Doctors!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I prefer waiting to do Kenalog injections, as most early swelling will resolve on its own, and there are risks to the injection, which you should discuss with your surgeon.  By 4 to 6 months, if the problem is persistent, it's quite reasonable to have the injections. 

RS

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you were originally trim and contoured after surgery, and then if the tissue developed, it could be a combination of swelling and scar tissue -- which should get better over time.  If you were never trim after surgery, then it is possible that the surgeon may have left some tissue behind (probably to avoid a potential crater deformity).

In any event, you should return to your surgeon to discuss -- only he knows what transpired during your operation.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024