Author Topic: Weird nipple feeling  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Holysin

• Posting Member

I had my surgery like 4 months and a half ago.For the first 2 months after the surgery i used to feel a weird sensation at the nipple when i was flexing my pectorals.That annoying feeling has slowly disappeared.
The problem is that i got again that feeling at my left nipple one day after i smoked marijuana.I must say that the left nipple is a bit more puffy than the other one(I don't know if it has always been so). In my opinion the return of the weird feeling is linked to the time when i smoked marijuana.
I feel really confused now and i wish to ask a few questions if nobody minds it.
What is that weird feeling under the nipple when i flex?
Is only one time of smokeing marijuana enough for a gynecomastia regrowth?
Does the weird nipple feeling got anything to do with the fact that the respective nipple looks more puffy than the other?
Thanks you

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
What you are referring to is the re-innervation of the nipple after surgery. Immediately after the surgery it is typical that patients have a reduction in their nipple sensation.The nipple slowly re-innervates after the surgery meaning the nerves regrow to the nipple .Specifically the sensory nerves regrow to the nipple and while this is occurring there can be some rather bizarre sensations ,ie pain,pressure,or burning.the time course for this is 6 to 12 months. Smoking marijuana once should not have any effect.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Holysin

• Posting Member
Thank you for your answer Dr. Pensler

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024