Author Topic: Healed after the Surgery, but it looks the same as before. Is this normal?  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Resolve23

• Posting Member
I had surgery almost 4 weeks ago. Gland removal + lipo.  Dr. Fielding in Toronto.

I have done reading and hear everyone saying it can take many months to look good, but honestly I'm concerned because now that it's healed on the outside, it looks the EXACT same as before the surgery.  I at least thought the swelling would be minor, but it looks like I didn't have anything done (except gaining scars).

I am a fairly skinny guy, so it wasn't terribly large to begin with.  Currently there is firmness under the nipple area.

Can anyone set me at ease here?  Will it really shrink down that much after a few months?  It still seems to be fatty in areas and the nipples are puffy as well.

Cheers

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Obviously after four years what you see is close to what you get.The troubling thing about your post is that you say
" it looks like I didn't have anything done (except gaining scars)".
Often times if you gain weight and/or have excess skin and do not exercise enough in the presence of poor skin elasticity the result can be better but not optimal. The increased exercise helps expand the underlying muscle and take up some of the skin slack if the elasticity is not what was hoped /expected.Excess fat does not compliment the final result as well.Some pre and post op photos in situations like this are always useful.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Resolve23

• Posting Member
It was 4 weeks instead of 4 years as per your response, how might your answer change in that case?

Thanks so much

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Four weeks is still very early in the healing game.  It would be best to hold off final evaluations until at least 5-6 months has passed.  Then, if it still appears to be the same, you should return to your surgeon for a discussion.  You may also want to glance at your "before" photos as well.  Oftentimes patients will quickly forget what they originally looked like and fail to see the difference.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Sorry I misread your post I would echo Dr Jacobs comments give it a bit of time however it is concerning if there is no change.

Offline Resolve23

• Posting Member
Here is an Imgur link showing 2 before shots, and 3 after shots:

h ttp://imgur.com/a/Pdgpm

Does this swelling seem normal for after 4 weeks?

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024