Author Topic: crater  (Read 4526 times)

Offline hooch1961

• Posting Member
Hi. this is a question for a Doctor. I had surgery 4weeks ago 14th jan, I know it to early to get proper results, but I have a couple of hard lumps in my right breast was told its fat necrosis and it will soften in time.but when I flex pecks crater forms only on right side.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Why don't you post some photos of your chest relaxed and flexed?

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline hooch1961

• Posting Member
Hi Dr Jacobs here some pics

Offline hooch1961

• Posting Member
Hi DrJacobs. As you can see just remove vest so there are a few marks from the vest.went to see PS yesterday, and he said that it would heal with time.i asked if I would need cortisone injections he said no. I do think I'm like a lot of people on this forum. impatient? The lumps are not rock hard quite soft infact. BTW I'm 54 don't know if makes any difference.And as you can see still quite bruised

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
For four weeks, it isn't bad.  Can't comment on a crater or lumps based on the photos you posted.  However, would recommend you relax and allow your body to heal for 4-6 months.  At that time, when the swelling has gone and the tissues are soft, you may find that nothing more need be done.  If you have concerns about a possible crater, then certainly return to your surgeon to discuss and also consider visiting another gyne expert for a second opinion.

At this time, absolutely nothing can or should be done.

Dr Jacobs

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Time should improve things.More importantly its not what you looked like flexed at this point but what your appearance is at rest.There still is considerable swelling.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I agree with Drs. Pensler and Jacobs. I do not think that you have a true crater deformity at this point. It is normal to have some small amount of lumpiness which will soften and resolve with time and massage.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline hooch1961

• Posting Member
Hi doctors. Went to see PS yesterday, he told me I have a little bit of tethering on the right side.
he also told me that he remove 81ccs from one side and 83ccs from the other. Is that a lot of fat?
And in your professional opinion how long does it take for skin to tighten on the chest.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If tethering is present, it represents scar adherence between the undersurface of the skin and the deeper tissues.  Sometimes it improves over time and sometimes it doesn't.

As for removal of tissue, in my experience this is extremely small.  My average removal is 300 cc's or more of lipo-aspirate from each side -- and in some tough cases, it can go up to 1000 ccs per side.

As for skin tightening, one usually sees a significant tightening by the end of the operation. There may be additional small amount of skin tightening as the swelling reduces over time.

Dr Jacobs

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Agree with Dr. Jacobs,of course you have tethering. Tethering just means the scar from below is pulling the tissue from above down.The volume removed was not that much.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Some lumps are to be expected in the early phase of healing. I think that massage would help but check with your surgeon. It generally takes three months for most of the swelling and changes to resolve.

Offline hooch1961

• Posting Member
Hi docs hope you can help me.when i raise my left arm a vein really sticks out, from my nipple to my navel.also on left side feels sore, like sandpaper moving under the skin. I would have gone to PS but he's on holiday.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
From your description, this may be Mondor's Syndrome, a benign and self-limited problem that occasionally occurs with any type of breast surgery (including breast augmentation for women).  Besides being tender and an annoyance, it should disappear spontaneously by itself in a few weeks.  There is no treatment available other than some mild pain meds.

Why don't you read more about this by googling:  Mondor's Syndrome.

Dr Jacobs

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I would agree with Dr Jacobs diagnosis .If my patients develop Mondor's I have them take a baby aspirin daily until it resolves.

Offline hooch1961

• Posting Member
Hi docs. I thinking about getting pec implants? Like to know your thoughts on implants.
since I had my surgery in January, I have noticed that I now have excess sagging skin.
don't know if thats due to not having enough fat removed from my chest, as it was only 81cc and 84cc.
as everyone knows,when we go see a ps.we ask to see before and after pics,and they always show you great results. my results are not that great. it's got to the stage where I wish I never had it done.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024