Author Topic: Is Gyno surgery next in line for me?  (Read 2385 times)

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
hi
I understand its a difficult question to answer based on photos online, so I'll explain a little I appeared to get larger chest around age of 14 or so, through my early 20's I dieted/excercised with help of a PT, and I got relatively lean but my chest to me still looked big Went to see my GP who was really, not helpful and just said "you have a well developed chest muscles". Since then I had Lipo done twice, and results are good, but not as flat as i'd like, so be grateful to hear any opinions

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Tough to tell absolutely from your photos -- would have liked to see a "before" picture posted. You do appear to have some residual tissue on your chest in some photos. However, if you have had lipo only, then there is a good chance that excision might also be indicated.  Best to return to your surgeon for followup exam and discussion.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
Hi

Thank you for the reply, appreciate it

I have attached a before photo too, there is quite some difference between them, my surgeon I went to twice, doesn't offer Gyno surgery with incisions, I went to him as my DR told me I didn't have Gyno at all, so thought Vaser Lipo would rectify it, now Im not so sure, and perhaps should have opted for Incision surgery initially

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your "after" photos reveal what I have seen many times when surgeons do lipo only in the mistaken belief that the only tissue present on the chest is fat -- and they believe the fat can be suctioned.  I have a firm belief that all men with excess tissue on their chest (which meets the definition of gynecomastia) have some amount of breast tissue as well.  In most men, it cannot be suctioned out -- it would need excision as well.  I have designed my own very aggressive instruments which can, in some instances, remove both fat and breast tissue through a small lateral chest incision.

Unfortunately, you have now had two lipo procedures, each of which has left its legacy of scar tissue distributed in the tissues under your skin.  It makes any subsequent procedure more difficult and less predictable.  If you wish to pursue this further, it would be wise to seek the opinion of an experienced gyne surgeon in addition to your own surgeon.

Dr Jacobs

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
Thanks for the honest feedback, I will look into Gyno surgery in the future then and will talk with my previous surgeon and let the new surgeon know my previous surgeries

Thanks again

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024