Author Topic: 9 days post op should i be worried?  (Read 2769 times)

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
Hi guys i just had surgery last aug. 6 and it went well. I chose to undergo under local anesthesia and it's a very quick and painless procedure. Im now 9 days post op and the doctor advise me to keep wearing the binder he provided. He also wants me to keep the tapes on top of my nipple i guess for protection because he'll remove some sutures in the 22nd. Last night, i stared at my chest infront of the mirror and i noticed that it still looks weird. Yea it's flat and there's no more cone shaped appearance but theres still some localized fat at the sides and upper area. Is it too early to judge my results? Or by now i can definitely tell what its gonna look like soon?

Offline Zenxer

• Bronze Member
  • Mm.. Donuts
It is way too early to even think about the final result.
While it is true he could have sucked out more fat in one spot compared to another, losing some weight can easily even that out.
If I were you I would just not pay attention to your chest for the next few months. Then if you feel some hard lumps behind your areolas, contact your surgeon to set up an appointment. He should be able to give you a kenelog or cortisone shot to reduce the scar tissue.
My surgery was done on Oct 20th, 2014 by Dr. J. Craig Fielding in Toronto, Ontario.

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
I'm seeing the same on my chest now(6 days post-op) and I do believe it is an optical illusion of swelling being present on different spots on the chest.

Offline terre

• Bronze Member
Yes it's hard to tell so early on, it will change by the day and hopefully you had a good surgeon. Hope for the best

hammer

It can take up to 6 months or more before you are completely healed after sugeries. You may also have scare tissue and other things develop during healing too, so you need to be patient.

I know it is very hard, I've been through 8 surgeries 2 being total knee replacements and 3 being back surgeries! I'm 5 months into a year long recovery now on my last back surgery!

Hang in there!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024