Author Topic: 5 weeks post op...  (Read 3500 times)

Offline Beaupreguy

• Posting Member
Hello everyone,
I am on week 5 post op, I see and feel hard bumps under my aureolas, also, my chest is looking deformed, almost worst than before my surgery... I wear my compression vest 24/7 since day one. I feel very sad right now, can someone tell me if you had the same! Is there hope for me? I kind of regret my move and looking for advise...
Hope to speak with you soon,
Regards
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 08:35:55 PM by Beaupreguy »

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Can you describe what you mean with deformed? Also a before and after would be even more helpful.

Offline Beaupreguy

• Posting Member
Thanks for your answer, here is a picture of my chest after 5weeks... This is what i mean...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:08:16 PM by Beaupreguy »

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Thanks. What type of surgery did you get? It looks to me like your surgeon only removed glands..

LJ

Agree.  Someone didn't complete the job.  My nephew had the surgery, and his first surgeon mutilated him because he turned out to be a general practitioner with no real experience.  Check their qualifications!!!!!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It would be very helpful if you would post a "before" photo.

Although there is still lots of time needed for you to heal, I agree that it should look better at 5 weeks than you do in your "after" photo.  At a minimum, there appears to be a contour deformity on the right as well as irregular areas of residual tissue present.

Would strongly recommend you give it some time to heal fully -- usually 4-6 months.  Along the way, you should be questioning your surgeon.

After six months, if you still look similar to the posted photo, you should seek a second opinion, preferably with an expert in gyne surgery.  If you have no one in your area, then you should consider traveling for such expertise.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Beaupreguy

• Posting Member
Thank you all for the answers! My surgeon is the director of plastic surgery of McGill university in Montreal... One of the best! My compression vest seem to be loose, can it be a reason for this results? I havé sent the pic to Dr Gilardino and spoke to him since... He's telling me to be patient, that i am 46 years old and my skin is not as elastic as when i was 20... Still, it should be looking better isnt it? I had Also an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck at the same time can it influence the results? Here is a picture of before... Thanks again for your help!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:10:27 PM by Beaupreguy »

Offline Beaupreguy

• Posting Member

Offline Beaupreguy

• Posting Member
No answer since i`ve posted my pictures... Can someone say something??? What do you think? Should i be worried? Desperate here... 

Offline Gynecomastia Singapore

• Posting Member
Hi Beaupreguy, what your doctor mentioned is absolutely true. Your skin elasticity is way lower than a teenager. Thus, you might have to give it more time.
In my humble opinion, instead of stressing yourself out too much. Go hit the gym and have a healthy diet plan. In 6 months, if you see no difference, surely go back to your PS for a possible revision.

Did your PS do both gland excision and lipo? Also, has the deformities just showed up at week 5 or did you see it during week 1 - 4?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
My original comments are still true.  However, at this point, there is nothing to do -- you are in the "no man's land" of healing -- and much too early to consider a revision.

Recommend allow at least six months for everything to evolve and mature and soften -- then return to your surgeon for a re-evaluation.  You might also consider traveling for a second opinion from a recognized gyne expert -- it might help you make your decision.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Beaupreguy

• Posting Member
Million thanks to you both,
I am now on week 7 post op... No, its not much better, however there is improvements on the diformities and bumps around the areolas. To answer the questions, i had gynecomastia with liposuccion and glands removal. My surgeon Dr. Mirko Gilardino told me the same thing... Hit the gym, stop focusing on a day to day basis and come back in 6 months... We will then evaluate if corrections are necessary. I guess i need to learn to be patient and realistic with what to expect... I still wear my compression vest, how long should i go on? My sp told me 9 to 10 weeks, is it normal? Thanks again for your support! 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024