Author Topic: Hematoma evacuation after bleeding..  (Read 1300 times)

Offline johnKT

Hi,

I've had gyneconastia surgery for both sides on 12 th of December 2015. After 2 days i had noticed my left breast is enlarged and turned dark.  Then i consulted my surgeon and he said its a hematoma and wait a little to liquefy it so can remove it by a syringe.

Then in 4 weeks period of time i met him 3 times and he gradually removed it using a syringe and all seemed very normal as the chest becomes smaller and the hardness also getting away.

But suddenly before 3 days when i woke up in morning i noticed there was a bleeding in my left side which had the hematoma and it simply not stopping. I also didn't feel any pain. I waited for some time to get it stopped but it was slowly bleeding over and over again.

Then i met my surgeon and this time he completely evacuated the remaining blood and washed inside by  opening the area. I just had this last night. ( 21 jan 2016 ) I'm so nervous about what happened to me because also my doctor said he hasn't seen something like this before, also i don't have any problem with my blood,

If you can please help me by replying this thread.

Offline johnKT

And I'm currently wearing my compression garment. I want to know is it ok to wear it?

Thanks..

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry to hear about your problem.  Late or recurrent bleeding of a hematoma is extremely rare -- I have never heard of that.  However, it seems that your surgeon has done the right things.  Would continue to wear your compression garment until your surgeon says it is OK to stop.

Good luck.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024