Author Topic: Growth spurts?  (Read 2399 times)

rrr

I know my gyno started a bit over 2 years ago with a pea sized lump, and since then it has grown slowly but steadily.
In the last month or so they have started to tingle/itch/twinge, etc., and they seem to have firmed a bit.
Did anyone else experience this type of growth spurt on and off?
No change in my diet or medications - not that I take much at all...
Bummed

Offline TigerPaws

I know my gyno started a bit over 2 years ago with a pea sized lump, and since then it has grown slowly but steadily.
In the last month or so they have started to tingle/itch/twinge, etc., and they seem to have firmed a bit.
Did anyone else experience this type of growth spurt on and off?
No change in my diet or medications - not that I take much at all...
Bummed

Sounds like either Testosterone derivation and or excessive Estrogen. What you are describing is classic breast gland growth.

This can go on for years .

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I had a growth spurt and slight voice change at 12 years.   Another slightt spurt at about 16-17. 
My voice remained high and everything was stable until I was about 35 when I had another growth spurt.  Shoe size changed from 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 and height increased by 1 1/2 inches. 
At 48 years I had an accident with a broken wrist.  It appeared to be an epiphyseal separation on the distal Radius. The orthopedic surgeon who treated me ordered a bone age survey and the radiologist reported my bone age to be 17 while my real age was 48.
I am now 78 and I just had a total knee replacement due to osteoarthritis with the recovery going very well. 
As the speciality of Endocrinology was not so advanced in my younger years, I have no idea what was going on.  I had little interest in Girls until my mid 30's and I married at the age of 35.  I am the father of eight, and my wife and I now number our offspring at 42. counting children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.   
Grandpa Dan

rrr

I had my hormone levels tested over a year ago, and they were mostly fine. Testosterone was on the low side, and I tried Androgel, but the levels even dropped a bit more.
I am now on Clomid and the level is right in the middle of normal. If it was high, I would expect aromatiziation, but I wouldn't expect it with middle range.
I am tempted to get E tested again, but even if it's high, there isn't much to be done at this point.
Years you say? I was hoping things would have stabilized by now.
Bummed

Offline TigerPaws

I had my hormone levels tested over a year ago, and they were mostly fine. Testosterone was on the low side, and I tried Androgel, but the levels even dropped a bit more.
I am now on Clomid and the level is right in the middle of normal. If it was high, I would expect aromatiziation, but I wouldn't expect it with middle range.
I am tempted to get E tested again, but even if it's high, there isn't much to be done at this point.
Years you say? I was hoping things would have stabilized by now.
Bummed

Sorry as long as the Estrogen receptors are being excited then there will be growth. Growing is spurts is normal. Typically the majority of development happens within the first 2 or 3 years but small growth spurts can continue for 7 to 10 years.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024