Author Topic: Views on "Stab Incision on the Nipple Areolar Junction"  (Read 1405 times)

Offline zolen

I have been looking for experienced surgeons in Asia due to geographic considerations. While doing research, via a published journal article, I found one clinic in South Korea that seems to avoid the more common periareolar incision; they use a 3mm sub-nipple incision. I am curious if some surgeons can comment on this technique. 
The citation/link to the article is below: 
Yoon SY, Kang MG.   Correction of Lipomastia through a Stab Incision on the Nipple Areolar Junction.   Arch Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2014 Feb;20(1):31-35.   http://dx.doi.org/10.14730/aaps.2014.20.1.31

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Most of the time a use a lateral pull through technique. This allows me to avoid the peri areolar incision / scar. I am still able to remove the dense glandular tissue with this approach. the incision is 1.5 cm. I find it hard to believe that anyone could remove true glandular tissue through an incision only 3mm regardless of where they put the incision. I suspect that there must be more to it than you are being shown. Be careful with clever marketing.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I like the peri-areolar incision, which I limit to about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way around the areola, and generally, I've found this heals well with minimal visible scarring.  In my hands, this is the most straight-forward approach, and I get good results with few scar issues.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024