Author Topic: 48 hrs of PO: Is everything OK???  (Read 1006 times)

Offline l0l

Dear Doctors,
After 48 hrs of gynecomastasis surgery done, These are the pre op & post op pics.
LIposuction+ Gland excision on 17.09.2016.
I had a very large gland. I m ok with thw results so far.
Here are my queries:
1. Left side seems to be not in shape. will it improve over time .
2. My drains were removed today. But blood still seeps through the incision. STich removal after 14 days.Is it normal.
I am kind of afraid of blood oozing out. Please help.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
After only 48 hours, it's difficult to make any assessment of your results beyond knowing that the tissue was removed, and it looks like you haven't had any significant bleeding, such that you've developed a visible collection of blood (hematoma).  A small amount of bleeding near an incision is not so unusual, though if it would persist, you should have your surgeon evaluate it. Since you just had your drains removed, I suspect your surgeon did examine your chest, so unless he or she commented, it's most likely fine.  If it persists or worsens, you should return to your surgeon.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Some oozing is normal and should lessen with each day. If it persists or becomes worse, contact your surgeon. Otherwise, in terms of your result, 48 hours post-op is too soon to tell. During the healing process, it is quite common for one side to appear different from the other. These asymmetries usually improve over time. 
The key is to keep an open line of communication with your surgeon, so you can deal with any concerns or issues as they come up. 
Best of luck - Dr. C 
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024