Author Topic: Gyno?  (Read 1193 times)

Offline thechocolatemonster

I've always been self-conscious about the size of my nipples/puffy areola so I recently visited a surgeon. Whilst I thought it was simply large nipples that needed to be reduced, the surgeon assessed that I had a mild case of gyno that was pushing the areola outwards and making the nipple visible beneath shirts. He suggested removing the gland beneath would be the best course of action.
Do you agree with this assessment?
Thanks.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
It's really hard to tell from the photos. Overall you look good. You would need an exam to tell for sure. Also, if you are not having any issues with the way you look, other than the prominent nipples, you really don't need to do anything about the breast tissue if it is there.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I agree that your photos don't show an obvious case of gynecomastia.  Your nipples are prominent, but some men have more prominent nipples than others, so it's just a normal variation. On the other hand, if your nipple-areola complexes puff up when it's warm, and if you can feel "gland" behind the areola, then resection of that gland would help make your nipples less prominent.  Nonetheless, the nipples themselves may not change much in appearance unless you would actually have a nipple reduction--a fairly simple procedure done under local anesthesia. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024