Author Topic: Firmness under armpit from liposuction  (Read 1650 times)

Offline vulcan

• Posting Member
Hi I had revision gynecomastia surgery performed 2 weeks ago and I've noticed a firmness in the pectoral area just below my armpits. Is this normal? One side is flat and hard the other feels lumpy but hard. 

Offline Geoff88

• Posting Member
Hi there, please read my post here and advise if you've tried compression again:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=32360.0

Offline vulcan

• Posting Member
Hi there, I wore a vest for 2 weeks, firmness is reducing but 3 weeks post op and some of it is still there...i get a pain when I lift my arms above my head also. 

Offline Geoff88

• Posting Member
Firstly, at your stage your surgeon really is your best resource, soreness/pain is completely normal and if i were you I'd refrain from lifting your arms up too much, you need to heel so leave your tissues alone in order to do that.  "How" sore are you?, is it improving?  See your surgeon in order to manage important factors such as worsening soreness or other potential causes.

Despite the vest, please re-read my post linked to above. If the firmness is swelling then the additional compression shall help - you may need to apply bandages again to get the results I am referring too, and you should see improvement within 1-2days,  compression is what assists your recovery and the vest may not provide enough.  I'm around 10 weeks post op now and have zero hard areas,  whereas I had a lot of firmness, lumpy areas and hard areas - they became soft and disappeared days after applying more compression with ace bandages and then I used an abb bind.

Please post your results if you apply more compression, let people know how you go.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024