Author Topic: Fluid under nipples 11 days post op.. should i stop massaging??  (Read 1439 times)

Offline hank

• Posting Member
I had my vaser/lipo (no excision) gynecomastia surgery 11 days ago from today.. i was advised to start massaging the lumps and bumps after 6 days post op.. it seems like once i started massaging i am now starting to develop fluid under both nipples.. could this be because of the massaging? or is this is a part of the healing process? i can tell its a watery like liquid because its got the wave effect if i tap on it. 
Any advice????

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I do not understand the logic of your doctor's advice.

If you only had liposuction, then it would be best for you to wear a compression garment so that everything heals together firmly.  If you massage too soon, you prevent the early healing and then the body will leak fluid into the liposuctioned area, resulting in fluid accumulation.  Later on, once healing has occurred, one might consider massage -- but only if needed.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline hank

• Posting Member
yes i am wearing the compression garmet with the foam pads as well. i do feel some scar tissue starting to develop but im worried if i continue to massage it out the fluid buildup will get worse

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
At eleven days post op, you are definitely not feeling scar tissue -- it doesn't happen that fast.  And massaging will not prevent scar tissue -- it is the natural way the body heals.

Dr JAcobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024