Author Topic: Realistic expectations after surgery  (Read 1427 times)

Offline itsruiningmylife

• Posting Member
Hello.
I'd like to have your opinions on my case : Can I expect to have a normal look after surgery? I've always found my gyno to be quite severe and now that I'm getting serious about undergoing surgery, I'm starting to have this fear that results won't probably match my expectations. Can you please help me?

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
It's a common question I get,"Will I look normal after surgery". I always tell patient it depends what your idea of normal is. Your two feet are not the same nor are the two sides of your chest. So the two sides will not be exactly the same after your operation. Having said that you appear to have reasonable skin elasticity and moderate ( middle range) gynecomastia. The expectations I have  in cases like this are for a favorable result.
I find that in cases like yours one of the most important prognosticators for a favorable result is the skill/experience of the surgeon.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline itsruiningmylife

• Posting Member
Thanks for the quick response Dr. Pensler. I know the term "normal" doesn't have a standard definition, all I wish for is to have a considerably flatter chest with no visible deformities, something I would be comfortable with in the locker room and maybe even at the beach. Fortunately I have a lot of time to look for a good surgeon in my area, since I still have to lose lots of weight (30 lbs down, 30 more to go) and raise money for my procedure.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Your case looks relatively mild. It is not possible to tell the elasticity of your skin though from a photo. That being said it looks like you should get a very good result. Check out before and after photos from experienced surgeons. If those results loo "normal" to you than that would be a good place to start for consultations. Good luck.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024