Author Topic: Post op vest options?  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Stevew87

• Bronze Member
I had my gyno op a few days ago from Dr Kardis (quite well known on here to be good at his job). He said to wear this sort of corset vest for 2 weeks and then to wear it for another 2 weeks at night (optional but recommended). On another post on this forum i recall one of the doctors saying the vest doesn't nessarilty have to be a corset. I wasn't fully sure i understood what he said so...
I bought this online:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019CA0GBQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
After 2 weeks i was thinking of wearing this tight fitted vest day and night maybe. Would that be sufficient? It looks a lot more comfortable than what i have now. It also looks like it has more mobility... this thick fabric digs in around the arm pits and is quite restrictive. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
This is the Doctors column and I am a little uneasy about inserting my comments in their domain, but this is a common question and I feel a need to put in my two cents worth even though I am not a Doctor.
Your Surgeon told you to follow a post operative program that in his experience has been successful.  Your surgeon knows things about your surgery that no on else could know.  Specifically with respect to the extent of the procedure, the type of instruments used, and other things.  Liposuction is an aggressively traumatic  procedure.  
Doctor Shopping to find a post operative regimen that you personally find easier or more comfortable is most unwise.   The person you trusted to do your procedure is the person you should listen to regarding post operative care.  
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
You should follow your surgeon's instructions.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024