Author Topic: Breast are only a problem if you make it a problem  (Read 2938 times)

hammer

I had my preop today for the back surgery that I'm finally going to get that is about a year late! I'm getting it the first part of February.  Anyway I had all the usual labs and EKG and as the lady was putting on the sticky things for the EKG she had to pick up my breast to put them under the breast so that started our conversation about big breast. The conversation was as relaxed as any two women would be I would imagine, because we talked about why I had such big ones, why anyone would want implants, other people that had even bigger then hers or mine (she had big ones too).

I know aboywithgirls is open about it and I only wear a tee one size to big with a leather vest or open button down shirt, and if I can do that and get away with it being the size I am, I'm sure that the rest of you can too!

Being a male and accepting that you have breast enlargement is only an issue or problem if you allow it to Be! Take control of it, don't let the breast control you!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 04:46:42 PM by hammer »

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
I agree, Hammer! So far the only conversation I've had with a health-care worker about my breasts was with an X-ray tech when I was behind a curtain to get undressed for an X-ray of my lower back. She told me to take my shirt and pants off but I could leave my underwear on. Since I only wear underwire bras I asked if I needed to remove my bra, too, and she laughed real hard. She thought I was kidding! I stepped out from behind the curtain, pulled up my shirt and showed her that I was, in fact, wearing a bra, and probably for the next 10 minutes we laughed and joked together about my "little girl boobies" (her words) and she told me I was the first man in her 20-some years experience that she had seen with breasts and wearing a bra. She even asked if she could take a picture! I told her that in the interest of her continuing education she could, but only from my neck down, but she decided against it. It really turned out to be a lot of fun. The most fun I've ever had at a doctor's office! By the way, the X-rays showed I had a bulging disc between L5 and S1, but after two steroid shots it doesn't hurt anymore.

hammer

Your very lucky! Injections do not work for me at all! Had more then I can count, no help! I'm getting one next Tuesday on my neck just to see how much pain in my left arm is due to diabetic neuropathy or the pitched nerves in my neck. We use the temporary numbing as a tool to see if we have a good idea what the issue is, but it is very short lived.

This back surgery will be number 4 for me, but it sounds like the easiest of the surgeries.  I'll be probably going home the next day! The first was in 09, it took 9 hour, the other 2, 2013, 2015. I'm fused from L5 to my SI joint.

My neck has problems C5 though C7. I've been dealing with since 2000, but avoiding surgery so far on it. I may not be able to keep avoiding it much longer!

And with all this shit, I have really big boobs! Who cares? I dont!

aboywithgirls

Right on, hammer. I'll call them what they are, boobs. I do have boobs and they ARE rather large. Yes, they do get in the way, I have to get a mammo every year, I have to wear a bra, and I can't go around topless or braless. But you know what? Over half of the world population has the same issues.
I realize that it is different getting breasts when your 40. I got mine with puberty. I have been wearing a bra fulltime since I was 14. I went for my first fitting when I was 16. When the subject comes up, I'm happy to talk about them. 

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
I go back and forth between wearing and not wearing a bra. At times I'm fine without one, and at others I prefer the support. I'm large enough at a c/d cup to often feel better with one, but not so big I attract much attention. I too have significant back/neck problems (DDD), T-levels that fell into the basement, and a body that can't be in the same room with a rice cake without gaining 10 lbs. I have yet to have a mammogram, so I haven't had that discussion with a medical professional. My GP never mentions them, but I have so many other medical issues they're of no significance.
Sometimes they're just "there," with nothing more than that. Sometimes they're quite sensitive, making me very aware of them. Sometimes they hurt and itch, but that's usually during a growth spurt. My awareness of them, and how I think of them during those times changes. I used to talk about them with my wife, but haven't in a few years now. She really doesn't want to think about them. She get's it, but doesn't care to think or talk about it. So, I just keep it to myself and try not to be noticed either way.

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
Hammer,
Best of luck to you on your surgery!

hammer

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024