Author Topic: My first bra, first pic, first post  (Read 11331 times)

Offline Jaku

• Posting Member
I am so glad I found this forum.  The posts have influenced how I have changed the way I feel about myself in the last few weeks.  As a teen, I had larger areolas than other boys and puffy nipples.  I have lived in shame for many, many years (60s now) because of the comments in the locker room or playing shirts vs. skins, etc. 

My breasts have grown more over the past two years as I age and have higher estrogen levels and hypogonadism.  Other things have changed too, but that's another forum.  I was very frustrated, but now I have not only accepted my larger breasts but have embraced them in more ways than one.  I bought my first bra last Sunday, it felt so great, and made me feel so much more comfortable and confident.   

I need help in determining what I need for a bra, I went for a fitting but the girl wasn't that good or helpful really.  She has me at a 42C but I am not sure.  The bras that feel best right now are ones I bought on my own, soft but no support, Hanes, just my size 3XL.  In any case, I guess that is enough for a first post, glad to be here.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:11:51 AM by Jaku »

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Jaku,
Welcome to the forum and to the group of us men who need to wear a bra. I'm happy that you are accepting your breasts, and yes, I agree that a bra will help you considerably. Personally, I would recommend an underwire bra for you. I believe it will give you the most support and it will give you a much more pleasing shape. However, compared to what you're wearing now it will probably also increase the amount of projection because it will gather your breast tissue and lift it up. If you're open to going for another fitting I would suggest you try another store. However, if you're not open to that and you would prefer to go it alone, check out www. herroom.com and all the helps that they offer, including their live chat feature. I found them invaluable for helping me when I began searching for bras. I discovered that due to my chest and breast sizes I needed to "sister size" to get the right fit. The cups were too big when I tried bras that fit what my measurements indicated, so I started dropping down band sizes and increasing cup sizes until I found the right size cups for me. I have to wear an extender to get the bands to fit around me, but I finally found cups that fit my breasts really well. Herroom's return policy is excellent and so were their staff when I used their live chat feature. Once you find the size and brand that you like best you can search other stores that carry them. Don't overlook eBay! I have gotten some great bras really cheap on eBay!
Good luck with your search and come back here often for help. Most of us are really happy to talk about what we've been through on our journeys and what we have found that works for us.

Offline SideSet

Welcome, Jaku.  I think you do have quite full breasts.  And, based on what you said, large, feminine nipples.  I can see why you said you feel more comfortable and confident in a bra. You look very good in your bra in the pictures you attached.

I think chesty said it exactly right.   You should consider an underwire bra and go for another bra fitting.

Clearly, you need to wear a bra. You seem like you like it. A bra looks very good on you.  And now that you are wearing bras, you have a much more positive body image and even seemed proud of your breasts. It does feel nice to fill those bra cups, doesn't it?   What  once a source of embarrassment, now feels good to you. Breasts that did not look and feel good  in phys ed, now look and feel so good in your bras.

From your pictures,  I do think you are at least a C cup. Think of all the women who wish they had breasts like yours.

Offline Jaku

• Posting Member
Hi Chesty and thanks for your comments and suggestions.  I have seen herroom.com and I may give that a try and go for another sizing when I can too.  I will also give the underwire a try.  Thanks for your support.  

Offline Jaku

• Posting Member
Thanks Sideset,  I do like them but I don't think I'll ever fill a bra like you.  Your breasts are truly amazing from what I have seen.  Yes, it has changed my image of myself entirely.  I do appreciate your support too, and I am sure I will be asking more questions.  

aboywithgirls

Jaku, I can say that with a professional bra fitting, you will look and feel better . Now an underwire bra is not for everyone but I like what it gives me for shape and support.
This is me in a Prima Donna in a 38F UK which is a 38G US.

bikerbob

Welcome to Guys Who Wear Bras.  You are at the point I was at 6 or 8 months ago.  Last year I started wearing a sports bra for mountain biking and soon afterwards started wearing bras full time when it became uncomfortable not to.  Fortunately my wife has been very understanding and doesn't think I use my condition as an excuse to wear women's underwear.  I am 70 and don't think I need to apologize for having man boobs so I have accepted them and have actually become rather fond of them.  Wearing a bra is a minor inconvenience and I am not going to freak out if they get bigger, but I am still trying to be discreet about it.  My wife has had breast reduction surgery and I am pretty sure I don't want to go there.
By all means, try the underwire type bras.  Try wire free, molded cups, soft cups, stretchy cups, pullovers, racer backs, etc.  Don't buy anything expensive at this point.  Eventually you will find the ones that suit you best.  Mine aren't that big so I can get away with a pullover leisure or comfort bra  with stretchy one size fits all cups.  These aren't for everybody but they work for me and they are easy to hide.  I just ordered 3 more of them in different manly colors but I have to admit that I am really lusting after a similar bra with lace trim in burgundy or electric blue.
You have 3 choices.  A. Hate them:  those guys are over on the Gynecomastia Talk forum talking about surgery. Not for me.  B. Accept that they are what they are and learn to deal with them.  These are the guys who have had them since puberty and suffered through high school gym class.  My hat is off to you guys.  C. Love them:  They aren't going to go away so learn to enjoy them.  Try to keep a sense of humor about them.  Boobs are cool.  B and C are the guys in this group.  You are not alone.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Very well written, Sofa! Go ahead and get the bra with the lace trim. I love my lacy ones! While you're at it, go ahead and get both colors!!! 

Offline SideSet

Offline Jaku

• Posting Member
Thanks aboywithgirls (that prima dona does fit you nicely) and felix.  
Felix, my wife is getting there, but initially my choosing to wear a bra was very disturbing for her.   I also do not have any desire for surgery.  
I hate to say it, but I did already by something expensive, and regret it because it doesn't fit.  Bought it my first time going to a lingerie shop for a fitting.  When I called the girl said she fitted men but I don't think she really knew what to do with me, and I certainly had no idea.  Can't return it either because I took the tags off.   It's an Anita sports bra.
I have to find some place better, maybe try chat with herroom as suggested.  Thanks for all the info.

Offline SideSet

Jaku, I can see how it would would initially unsettle your wife to see that you now have breasts like a woman.  However, once she began to believe her eyes, she would reach the unescapable conclusion that a person with breasts like a woman needs to wear a bra like a woman.  With all the things that a woman looks to in her bra.
Soma.  Try Soma for a fitting and trying on and choosing from an excellent selection in bras for people like us and full-busted women.  I have had a wonderful experience there and have heard others like us have, also.
It sounds like you have come to embrace having large, feminine breasts.  My guess is once you start to regularly wear a bra you will feel so comfortable and confident in a bra that it will be become second nature to you and you will feel positive about being full busted as any woman would.

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Jaku, I need to toss my hat into the ring and recommend an underwire bra. I have tried so very many bras and an underwire gives me the support I absolutely need (46DDD).

Offline Busty

I agree 100% with expedient traveler.   An underwire bra I will give you great support.    It will also give you nice lift for a  youtful, lifted bust line.  Plus a wonderful rounded shape.  Also, consider a molded cup.

When you find that right bra that perfectly fits you, and you see how fully your breasts fill the cups,  you will feel so right about your breasts  and you will look so good in your bra
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:07:21 PM by bustymale »

aboywithgirls

Like I had mentioned before, I wear underwire bras exclusively. However, I uses to also wear molded cup bras exclusively as well. Then I started experimenting with lace cup bras and unlined bras in the summer months. The lace cup and unlined bras really helped me manage boob sweat. I still have some modesty issues when wearing a thin lace cup bra with a t-shirt when grocery shopping. Any time I go in the refrigerated sections, the girls go right to high beam every time. Just a little tidbit to keep in mind.

Offline SideSet

I love underwire bras.  I know some women find them uncomfortable, but I am more confident and more comfortable than in a wirefree bras, at least for going out in an everyday bra.
Sleeping or lounging around the house, I like the softness of a wirefree bra.  Same with a soft cup as opposed to a molded cup.
The molded cups give my breasts such nice shape, and together with an underwire, give me wonderful support and lift.  And the memory foam bra cups feel so soft and smooth on my breasts, and keep my nipples from showing through my tops.  But again, lounging or sleeping, I prefer a bra with less structure, and I am fine if I have less shaping, support, and lift, and if my nipples show.
Although I am still fairly new to wearing bras, I find they have made an amazing difference in my appearance, confidence, comfort, and in my attitude.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024