Author Topic: Recurring gynocomastia?  (Read 1071 times)

Paulst

Hi,

I had gynocmastia surgery 2 years ago and have always been happy with the results overall. The gland was removed and lipo. I did have some scar tissue build up for the first year or so but that has since disappeared.
The problem I am now facing all of a sudden a hard lump has reappeared back underneath one nipple! The area is also a bit tender/tingly. Is it possible the gynocomastia is returning!? Nothing in my life has changed to warrant a change in hormone levels.
The appearance still looks ok but I’m scared this is the start of it and will get worse and worse. Is there anything I can do?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
You haven't provided much information about your condition (etiology, age, medication and health history, etc.), but if nothing in your history can explain the lump, it's possible that it's old scar tissue that you're now feeling for some reason versus a new process--either gynecomastia or other breast mass. The first thing I might do if you were my patient would be to try a Kenalog injection to see if that softened or minimized the lump. If that had no impact, a small excision or at least a  biopsy might help to clarify what's going on a little better.  I would not worry off the bat that it's recurrence, especially if there's no stimulus that would account for that. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Schuster