Author Topic: Mushy nipple  (Read 801 times)

Offline PatientJ65T

Hi, I had gyne surgery a like 4 years ago. I’m almost 30. After much reading online, I see that it’s no walk in the park post-op. Many patients seem to have complications. I’ve had to go back a handful of times for a number of post-op issues, even years later. I don’t want to write a book though. Trying to keep this short and to the point.

Okay, so my right nipple is kind of mushy and feels kind of dull. I also have a pretty significant scar on the areola. My nipple seems lifeless. I’m not liking the cosmetic result. It rolls up a little bit when I flex or like, I don’t know how to explain, stretch/lower my shoulder or arm downward. Seems like the skin around this nipple is detached. I’ve endured many complications with my right pec while my left chest seems flawless and so perfect. 

Edit

Can my right nipple be fixed?

And I cannot see the same doctor again because he’s 300 miles away. Just don’t have time to travel that far anymore. What kind of doctor should I see locally that can fix this?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It seems as if you have a number of issues -- and it would be best to return to your surgeon for he knows what exactly was done.  It may be worth the trip to see your original surgeon because most plastic surgeons do not have the experience to deal with some of your concerns.  If that is not possible or desirable, then consider traveling for another opinion from a gyne expert in your area.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
It has been a long time since your surgery and it sounds like you have several issues / concerns. It would be best to see your previous surgeon since he/she has the most knowledge of what was done. Otherwise you will need to make a consultation with a good gynecomastia surgeon. You should bring all of your OP notes from your previous surgeries to your new consultation. Good luck.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I agree with the other surgeons. Perhaps you can post some photos if they demonstrate your concern. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024