Author Topic: Complication -10 week post op  (Read 604 times)

Offline Weber1565

Hello all.

I'm a new member here. this is my first post.. I'll get right to it.. I'm 10 weeks post op.. gland removal and lipo.. I have an upset lateral vein you can see in the photo between the red marks... from my own online research I've determined it's called "Mondors Disease" or  "condition"which is basically a damaged vein from the surgery...I could follow or palpate it with my fingers as it's popping out of my skin... it runs up through my chest under my nipple and into my abdomen.. it's tight and there's a burning sensation.... Lifting my arm above my head is a problem.. just moving around hurts and I'm finding it difficult to do normal daily activities. I'm sitting in warms bathes daily to ease the pain.. I feel it mostly in my abdomen..

Do any of the doctors have any thoughts? Suggestions?It has come and gone a bit for me.. I've had a few comfortable weeks but this was an especially difficult weekend with the pain and discomfort...

Thanks to everyone for reading... I appreciate any feedback..

« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 07:23:34 AM by Weber1565 »

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
You are probably correct about the vein though it is impossible to confirm from just a photo. Vein thrombosis will resolve on its own. Usually massage and ibuprofen help but check with your own surgeon.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
This does appear to be Mondor's Syndrome, which is rare.  It is a benign, self-limited condition which will disappear on its own.  Try some warm compresses and mild pain killers.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Weber1565

Thank you doctors.. I really appreciate your feedback.. I'm very concerned with it becoming chronic ... my surgeon over corrected this side.. it's visibly noticable and probably not much of a mystery as to why it's only become an issue on this side..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024