Author Topic: What degree of gyne do I have?  (Read 740 times)

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
I am 57, 5' 10" 164 lbs. I was a fat kid and I've had breasts since before puberty. People wouldn't say I'm a fat guy, but I'v never been lean or muscular.

Will surgery fix this?

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I would say that you have moderate gynecomastia with mild to moderate skin laxity issues. Routine correction should work but you might benefit from additional peri areolar skin excision.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
Thank you Dr Schuster for taking the time and posting.

When I went for my first consultation with a PS two weeks ago, the Dr said I looked good for a simple gland removal and lipo. He felt that I did not have enough extra skin to worry about. Personally, I disagree because I feel it hanging when I hunch. Where are my boobs gonna go when they're emptied out? I don't see my skin snapping back like it would on a guy half my age. I was standing straight so maybe it wasn't as obvious.

I have a second appt on Jan 5, and surgery scheduled for Jan 20. I will definitely bring up my concern about extra skin.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Obviously, your 57 year old skin does not have the elasticity of a 27 year old.  You would certainly have a marked improvement of your chest with appropriate liposuction and gland excision.  In cases such as yours, I have actually undermined the skin quite widely in order to try to coax the skin to self tighten.  You would not be left with a loose, sagging area of skin.  On the other hand, your chest skin will not be drum-head tight.  Appropriate surgery by an expert in gyne surgery should provide a reasonably good result for you.  If there is  any residual skin laxity after six or more months of healing, you could address that with a very minor procedure -- but most guys are happy with their initial results.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024