Author Topic: My First Bra  (Read 14153 times)

aboywithgirls

Ben,

First, that bra looks like a great fit! I'm happy that you're happy with it.

Over the years I noticed that there seem to be two aspects of wearing a bra that cannot coexist. They are comfort and concealment. 

When your breasts are concealed, it's because they are compressed is a gynecomastia vest or compression style sports bra , either of them will squash your boobs and become uncomfortable for the wearer.

To achieve comfort, a bra literally " cup" your boobs. A bra, particularly an underwire bra provides support, it shifts any side boob you have in front and out from your arm pits where they get in the way. A bra also lifts your breasts and prevents unwanted sweat and a potential rash that can and likely will occur.

I absolutely applaud 👏 you for wearing a bra that works for you. While compression works, In my opinion, comfort ad support win every time.

🤗🥰ā£ļø😍🥰
Sophie

Dudewithboobs

I would advocate a cami bra or general pullover bra does provide comfort and support without smashing and gives concealment with soft cups and keeps side boob up front for nice shape without projection of a underwire. I find the cami and pullover bras I wear give me great support and comfort without any smashing and decent concealing. 
Now if smashing and being flat as can be is the objective then yeah but if blending in without the risk of projecting much at all like other bras may then I think there are bras that will do the job very well without being uncomfortable at all. But Iā€™m a large b cup not crazy busty so mass may determine what works and what no lingers an option. But definitely agree comfort wins every time. 

Orb

Ben,

First, that bra looks like a great fit! I'm happy that you're happy with it.

Over the years I noticed that there seem to be two aspects of wearing a bra that cannot coexist. They are comfort and concealment.

When your breasts are concealed, it's because they are compressed is a gynecomastia vest or compression style sports bra , either of them will squash your boobs and become uncomfortable for the wearer.

To achieve comfort, a bra literally " cup" your boobs. A bra, particularly an underwire bra provides support, it shifts any side boob you have in front and out from your arm pits where they get in the way. A bra also lifts your breasts and prevents unwanted sweat and a potential rash that can and likely will occur.

I absolutely applaud 👏 you for wearing a bra that works for you. While compression works, In my opinion, comfort ad support win every time.

🤗🥰ā£ļø😍🥰
Sophie
  So true.  Never actually thought about it that way but found you can't have it both ways.  I actually like and enjoy the comfort, fit  and support of my underwires however it does give a much different profile.  
  I can see the fit is good with that one your wearing.  There are times even I sacrifice a bit of comfort and wear one that is a soft cup to reduce the definition of each breast if you will. 

aboywithgirls

I've posted this bra before. It's any Elomi Matilda. It's an underwire with just a thin lace mesh cup. Everyone is different and everyone has different looks that they are trying to achieve. There is no one right answer for what bra to wear. I went through a phase in my 20s where I wore minimizer bras with a compression tops over it. Finally, I decided that wasn't comfortable. I started looking and seeing what the ladies in the office were wearing. They would were just a regular bra with a cami or just a well fitted bra with a blouse or sweater. I did the same. 

I discovered women already have all of this figured out. Sports bras, t shirt bras, unlined bras, leisure / sleep bras, underwire or soft cup. There are so many different bras for different occasions. All tolled, I have about 20 bras. It May sound like a lot but the truth is that I really need a couple more. I have 5 sports bras in different colors, 5 leisure/sleep bras, 1 strapless, 2 minimizer bras so I can button a couple of blouses, 5 everyday underwire bras, and a couple for special occasions.

The Matilda pictured is an everyday, full coverage bra. I also have her in black and another in sand.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Thanks for the advice everyone. I didnā€™t really know what I was getting. I thought the sports bra was soft cloth and wireless and would be just comfortable for lounging around the house. It really wasnā€™t. This new underwire bra is extremely comfortable though. Iā€™m wearing it now after having scar pain and soreness today. Itā€™s ok if it makes them look huge. Just wearing it around home.

p.r.1974

They do make encapsulated sports bras with underwires, and the pull over sports bras, and a few in between. I am with Sophie, in choosing underwires all but exclusively.

aboywithgirls

They do make encapsulated sports bras with underwires, and the pull over sports bras, and a few in between. I am with Sophie, in choosing underwires all but exclusively.
I love Elomi's Energize sports bras. It's really the only sports bra I wear. There are others that I have liked over the years, however Elomi's Energize did change my life.

https://www.barenecessities.com/product.aspx?pfid=ElomiEL8042&cm_mmc=GLPA_NonBrand-_-Bra-_-Elomi320-_-ElomiEL8042&BillboardPopupEnabled=false&BorderfreeEnabled=False&color=Navy%20Geo&amsk=w9a4hfr3k4&cmp=p1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxtSSBhDYARIsAEn0thQQ7fJLwJDOO0Xwcj5-KzYQI9ndgncwXk90jRrAxDdx9DwWu1rxtrMaAvA1EALw_wcB#mz-expanded-view-148421960458

I have a few of them including one identical to this one pictured above. I have never had so much control over my chest since puberty! I can go for a 5 mile run and still have a comfortable chest when Im done. It is an underwire encapsulated  sports bra.

I know that many here probably do not go shirtless in public but, when bra wearing for men becomes more main stream, Sports bras with cute patterns are a great option to stay cool in the summer ā˜€ļø.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Thanks everyone. Iā€™ve been wearing a bra at home for over 2 weeks now. I like the support and prefer the underwires. I donā€™t plan on buying any more right now. I will probably never wear the sports bra.
Iā€™m trying to find an old photo that shows what I looked like before surgery. Iā€™ll post if I find it.
Iā€™ve had a lot of sensations I normally donā€™t have such as my nipples feeling very heavy at times. Havenā€™t noticed any changes in size in past few weeks.
Thatā€™s about all the updates. Iā€™ve been reading a lot of posts on the forum. I appreciate all the advice Iā€™ve received.

Dudewithboobs

Nipple heaviness is interesting. Is this sensation when wearing a bra? Curious if itā€™s related to breast being lifted and sitting in a bra so weight while supported is lifted and gravity trying to do its thing but unable. 

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
No just seated braless. 

Offline SideSet

This is not easy.  You are doing great, though. We know from experience 

Orb

Breast growth has been described many ways.  I feel everyone will have their own description of the growing of tissue.
Itching, aching, heavy feeling, the nipple may feel like at time to have a string being pulled through it.  I have woken up scratching like a mad person. 
  Watch for any visual signs of something wrong.  Then evaluate in a month.  Take note of further discomfort, note ways and things that helped.  visual signs of enlargement?  I could be just that. 

Again I'm only one here but have found many of the afore mentioned symptoms  come and go. 

Hope this helps.

Best and cheers mate

Offline Puna

• Posting Member
It will take time to learn the inā€™s n outs of the world of bras, but youā€™ll eventually figure it out. I would experiment with different sizes and try it out for few hours. Also try using extenderā€™s, with extenderā€™s you have a lot more a choices of how tight you want the band. Also it might be surprise, but try playing with the cup size as well. For the longest time I thought I was a b cup, but I ordered a c by accident. It turned out to be way more comfortable. Larger cups has wider wires, so it spreads across my chest and the sides is right by my arm pit. Which is from what Iā€™ve researched, thatā€™s how the bra should be sitting. 

As for going out in public, itā€™s not easy. Just continue doing what youā€™re doing. As time goes on, youā€™re gonna notice when your in public, youā€™ll gonna to notice the uncomfortableness and start considering wearing outside. Youā€™ll be surprised that nobody notices a lightly padded t- shirt bra under a single layer shirt. 

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Thanks guys. I appreciate your posts. Last night I actually went out wearing a bra. I only went to the laundromat and it was covered by a tshirt and denim jacket so no one could see. I just didnā€™t want to take it off to go out.
Iā€™m ready for the growth to stop. Still having lots of sensations. Iā€™m glad I tried on a bra though. I like how it feels. I finally stretched out the sports bra I didnā€™t like and itā€™s not as bad. Thatā€™s about all the updates. I may try different cup sizes later but Iā€™m not buying any more right now.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Hereā€™s a pic without the bra.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024