Author Topic: Skin tightening  (Read 4770 times)

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Has anyone here had lose skin problems?  I am 2 days post op.   I am not panicing, but I had my bandages changed and my skin was pretty lose.  The PS said that he stiched my nipple to my pec to control how the skin would heal.  Anyone have the same thing done? I had lipo on my stomach and that was pretty lose too. Just curious if anyone has had their sking tighten over time, or is what I see now what I am going to get? It is hard for me to believe that it will actually retract.

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member
I'd expect the skin to contract within a couple months just as it would for someone who lost weight.

Offline who123

• Posting Member
I'd expect the skin to contract within a couple months just as it would for someone who lost weight.

Compression is the key here. If not wearing a compression vest or garment, get one ASAP. It will help retract the skin.

Offline Drew

• Posting Member
  • My Chest!
he stitched your nipple to your pec...muscle? wouldnt that create a noticeable depression?

As for the loose skin, make sure you wear the compression vest as recommended. Then after you are cleared for activities (4+ weeks), do as much cardio as possible and gradually over time your skin will tighten to your natural contour.
June 23, 2006:
Direct Excision and Liposuction.
Performed by Dr. Wiener in Houston, Tx.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
So, I do have a depresion on my left side.  I can't tell if my skin is starting get loose, or what, but I can pinch more now and when I sit down I have moobs again.  I have read countless threads about being flat and then being puffy again,  I think I am another victim.  It seems like my skin isn't tight enough though.  I am about to go on an 8 mile run and I might do it every day for a month totighten this shiot up.  I hate being another statistic.

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member
Don't over-react. Give it a couple months, heal up, hit the weights and over time your chest should equal out and firm up for next summer.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
That is a good plan.  I haven't lifted a weight in years.  All I do is cardio.  So, am sure I can grow my chest to fill the skin.  

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
2 days is nothing. Wear the compression vest, that should help immensely.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024