Author Topic: Losing Weight In Chest After Surgery  (Read 3154 times)

Offline randomuser1

• Posting Member
My Question is....

If u have gyno surgery done, with lipo, taking fat from your chest...., then you go on a diet to lose weight, will your body still burn fat in your chest at the same rate or same amount before you had the surgery? or will it be able to sense that there is less fat there and burn less?

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
your body burns fat when it needs more energy (like when you're exercising)and it dips into the energy that you previously stored as fat, but i don't think it cares where the fat is that needs to be burned. that's  more genetic, i think...some people lose it from their face first, others from their mid-section, etc. i don't think lipo is going to change any of that.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
That makes sense, Bradley07.  Now, would less weight potentially be gained there since so many fat cells were REMOVED from the area?  I was thinking that since the fat cells were gone, and not just smaller,  there wouldn't be as much weight gained in that area.  That is, unless the fat cells are regenerated somehow.   ???
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
I read somewhere that fat cells do not regenerate.  so if theyre taken out, they are not coming back to that area, unless its thru smoking pot, or low testosterone etc.

Offline Pedro_portugal

• Posting Member
Actually our body consumes the fat that is stored almost (not always) randomly.
When someone exercises (only aerobic exercise) , it consumes firstly some carbohydrats and only then the fat that is stored at the adipose cells (fat cells).
If someone, for exemple, performs the gynecomastia surgery (excision and/or liposuction), and then eat a lot of food, junk food ant that kind of stuff, it is obviously that, that person sooner or latter will have pseudogynecomastia (fat acummulated in the chest).
You cannot see the human body as something static, it is very dynamic actually... and things don't occur always in a same way... What I mean it is very simple to understand: you eat too much, you'll be fat, in the chest or not (that depends on the each person and the sex of that person), because there are some areas that are preferably predisposed to store more fat that others . If you moderate your alimentation, go on a diet, or do some aerobic exercise (like running, swimming, cycling) you'll be in good shape (and that includes your chest).
Don't forget this: the gynecomastia surgery ONLY makes your chest to be a normal chest. It does not make any miracle. Once you are "normal" after the surgery, lol, you have to behave like "normal" people!
;)

Pedro
Med Student
(PORTUGAL)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 02:18:51 AM by Pedro_portugal »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024