Author Topic: PUFFY AREOLAS? THE FIRST WEEK GOOD BUT OH OH?  (Read 21449 times)

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
THE FIRST WEEK LOOKED GOOD BUT OH OH?
Then the truth hits.....Off comes the tape and vest..........How many have gone for the surgery thinking this will solve your prob? Then after a little bit they look the same or close with scars and really not what the expectations were...........
Why cant the PS tell u It is a year before the may get better and the ones who feel the look better is because they had much more gland and fat taken out making u feel something was done.........But for the ones with puffy areolas only the PS is BS, they have the 2 ops confused or are not experienced enough to know how to do it..........maybe not all feel this way but I do and really put all I had into this to be normal and now I feel as if I was given snake oil......... Good for all who have had a good OP and turned out they way they wanted to, but for an others the PS need to look at the difference between puffy and full blown gyne?
Comments appreciated

not as happy as I should be with the PS......................
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Hi Crow buddy, how you been mate. I had my surgery and im in the exact same boat as you. First week or so my nipples were tight and flat. As soon as the vest came off they puffed out exactly like before. I had lipo and excision and cant feel squat underneath my nipples yet they still puff out. I've tried to explain it to myself with many possibilities like, they are still healing and could take a year, they're still numb, so i presume that the muscle in the nipple is also numb and not working to they're best ability to tighten ETC ETC. Just loads of things. Well annoying.

Hi How you asmallmeasureofpeace?

WOW same thing I guess Im not alone..........But dont the PS's know what there are doing?This is not fair to any of us and I think that the puffy areolas should almost be a diferent OP or they should now how to do it..........Let me know your rhoughts and changes.......How long has the surgery ben for you?

All the best

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
I too am thinking that maybe i'm doomed. You see loads of people here who have had gland excision and their nipples are flat as pancakes permanantly soon after. Maybe its just the way were made. I had surgery about 9 weeks ago. My nips were really good for  the first two weeks, when i took my vest off to shower they stayed flat until i put my vest back on (about an hour) i really thought that was it and that they were sorted.

I got loads of thoughts behind it. I was thinking maybe theres scar tissue where the gland once was (even though its not large scaring just surface scaring on the place the gland was) and this is causing the puffyness. Maybe once this is settled down the puffyness will cease. Also the part where the nips are numb, so also is the muscle that contracts the nipples. To be honest with you though i really dont want to wait a year to find this out and im seriously going to push my surgeon to give me a revision come 6 months.

Also i failed to mention. On my left nipple where the cut was make theres quite a bit of scar tissue in which i can feel. I can except that this may be cause for my nipple being pufy on the left side but as for the right side..... I just dont know.

Are you getting a revision.

Hi asmallmeasureofpeace .

I thinkl scar can cause this but a year who knows they are just not right......I also have soreness around the areola and puffy one sid more than the other but it was kijw that befoer the OP....As for revison my PS said not for a year and come back if u feel the same? He also said that it would not be for galnd as it is all gone but to reduce the skin, so I really have to wait or go to someone else.....Do u know if your PS will do anything and waht does he say it is?

Offline ddaavviidd

• Bronze Member
I wonder if a more skilled P.S would have given u better results ?   like / or bermant ?   what do u think ?
'
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:50:44 AM by cleanup »

Offline ghostrider

• Bronze Member
  • surgery done 05/09/06
hey guys ihave my surgery soon in poland......im getting very nervous now ...not about the procedure itself but the results as my main aim really is to get just the nipples tottaly flat...and hearing our stories it concearns me greatly.....there was a guy on this site a while ago who talked about this problem with the scar tissue forming under the nipples after surgery giving the same appearance as pre op.....he got a syringe and sucked the fluid out himself.....youmay remember reading this post it caused a lot of discussion at the time......i will b honest this is something i think i will discuss with the surgeon at my pre op consultation to see ifhe can suck any of this fluid out after and if not i know it sounds drastic butthink i will do it myself.......if it aint gonna kill me and a chance of bringin down the puffyness after surgery then im all 4 givin it a go rather than another year of missery...what are your thoughts guys???

Offline funkytown69

• Posting Member
Omg, this is what scares me about having surgery.  I too have the puffy gyne condition and would hate to go through all that anguish of surgery just to have my things puff back out like before  :-[.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
hey guys ihave my surgery soon in poland......im getting very nervous now ...not about the procedure itself but the results as my main aim really is to get just the nipples tottaly flat...and hearing our stories it concearns me greatly.....there was a guy on this site a while ago who talked about this problem with the scar tissue forming under the nipples after surgery giving the same appearance as pre op.....he got a syringe and sucked the fluid out himself.....youmay remember reading this post it caused a lot of discussion at the time......i will b honest this is something i think i will discuss with the surgeon at my pre op consultation to see ifhe can suck any of this fluid out after and if not i know it sounds drastic butthink i will do it myself.......if it aint gonna kill me and a chance of bringin down the puffyness after surgery then im all 4 givin it a go rather than another year of missery...what are your thoughts guys???

The guy you are talking about was "Gruff"aka "Lopher" aka something else.  He had some crazy ideas, but also some good observations.  He said that the fluid in your chest causes scar tissue.  Some PS's don't like to drain the fluid.  They would rather let it drain naturally.  I have tried to see if there is a trend I could find on this forum.  In my oppinion, there is a higher imediate succes rate with people who have drains put in after surgery (as long as there are no drain complications).  Those people seem to have less swelling, so their skin scars down evenly.  The compression vest should probably help do the same thing, but it doesn't seem to be as succesful.  Again, just my oppinion.  I think you are going to get the most swelling where you chest is the worst, because that is where the PS is most aggressive.  So, that area will have the biggest void for fluid to settle.  The longer that fluid sits in there, the less your skin will contract as a fresh wound.  Once it starts to heal with something (fluid) between it (the skin) and the meat, the chances of it adhering with a tight flush fit go down.  I had a seroma, and I rushed an got it drained.  It looked good, but not as tight as the non-seromsa side.  It started to fill again, and I couldn't get to my PS soon enough.  By the time I could get there it was almost gone, but it left some mush and hard tissue in its place.  I saw my PS yesterday and he hinted that the seroma left some scar tissue.  So Gruff wasn't that crazy for draining it before it got hard.  My dog had a hemotoma on her ear.  the vet put in a drain and left it in for 3 weeks.  I though it was over the top, but she said if no fluid could stay between the skin and cartilage, it had no choice but to heal flat.  We are not dogs, but I think the same would apply to us. So back to your comment about talking to your PS about draining fluid.  I think you absolutley should.  I am curious if the others on this thread had drains or not, or any thoguths on my theory.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 12:42:45 PM by jones357 »

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
I wonder if a more skilled P.S would have given u better results ?   like bermant ?   what do u think ?
'

I wonder if a Ps that new how to do this would of helped.........My Ps did good on the cut but the results suck to be nice..........I feel as if this is a scam........
It is a shame but now I have to deal with this and live with it or get something done unless the year thing is true I hope.............
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:36:01 AM by cleanup »

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Hi Crow. In regards to having a bit of pain left in the nipple, to me it honestly sounds like you could still be healing. As fully healed tissue shouldnt have pain at all. Maybe your not 100% healed yet. Thats the positive note. Some surgeons say wait it out for 1 year and that gives a general idea of the final outcome. My surgeon is prepared to look at me at 6 months. Jones357 could be totally right and it could be fluid under the nipples.

Hi asmallmeasureofpeace,

Ya the sorness could mean that it is still healing and that would be good I hope........But as for fuid uyou would think the PS would of told me when I went to him last visit..........Well I will keep my fingers crossed and hope they will be what I wanted or I may take a razor and cut them off, now they will be gone for good.........OCH

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Lol, dont do anything that harsh just yet  :o Yeah more then likely your still healing, some folk heal slower then others. Definatly have a word with your ps and talk about the possibilities of fluid build up under the nipple. Have you tried wearing your vest again for a week or so, maybe that could help a bit.

No I did not try the vest but I dont think at this piont it will  do anything......My  PS is hard to talk to and his bedside manner is out the door while your talking to him so you feel like your impossing, and if i push what he belives is a year not anything else I will just get more upset and cut his boobs off LOL.............

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Or give him one hell of a ti tty twister and see how he likes it  ;D

LOL..............................

Offline brahms

• Posting Member

You guys that get the puffy areola even after glandular excision + lipo are probably experiencing some fluid buildup post-surgery.  That is why it is crucial that you have drains inserted into your nipple excision areas for a few days post-surgery.  The fluid buildup just drains out instead of building up behind your nipple.  It's all about the drains.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks

You guys that get the puffy areola even after glandular excision + lipo are probably experiencing some fluid buildup post-surgery.  That is why it is crucial that you have drains inserted into your nipple excision areas for a few days post-surgery.  The fluid buildup just drains out instead of building up behind your nipple.  It's all about the drains.

My PS says that it is not that ans he said it after the first week........It is now 5 months and only getting worse or still puffy...........

Offline brahms

• Posting Member

My PS says that it is not that ans he said it after the first week........It is now 5 months and only getting worse or still puffy...........

I don't really understand.  So, did your surgeon say that you are not having post-surgery fluid buildup or did your surgeon say that drains won't help your situation because he didn't put drains in?  Just tryin' to help.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks

I don't really understand.  So, did your surgeon say that you are not having post-surgery fluid buildup or did your surgeon say that drains won't help your situation because he didn't put drains in?  Just tryin' to help.

No Drains and he said that their was no fliud buld up..........

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024