Author Topic: blood makes one puffy  (Read 11540 times)

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
ya so i had surgery and the gland got excised, but no lipo (im not fat). Basically it looks like it'll turn out good but on the left side theres a lot more swelling (relative to the right side) and the blood underneath the nipple makes it puff out :(

i dont have drains so its pretty much up to my body to absorb the blood. any rough estimates on how long it'll take for its puff to go away.

Comparing it to wat it was before surgery, its nothing, but its not swimmable :(

Offline Drew

• Posting Member
  • My Chest!
hey, wow this is the exact same thing happening with my left nipple as well. I am on post-op day 5 and as I am already more than pleased with the results, my left side is slighty more swolen. I'm hoping it will go away pretty soon, especially with the amount of pressure I have on my chest 24/7 using the vest + foam. I think it had something to do with how they placed the vest on me directly after surgery, in which the left foam padding was too low. I fixed it later that evening but i'm guessing that had something to do with it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 06:39:35 PM by ocular »
June 23, 2006:
Direct Excision and Liposuction.
Performed by Dr. Wiener in Houston, Tx.

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
ya mine had fallen down on the left side =/ The right side bled a ton and consequently looks pretty nice now =/

Offline Pecman

• Posting Member
my left side drained after my surgery, but my right side didnt...ive had a puffy right nip pretty much since the second week post op but I just worked out to get some blood flow going in the area (1st time) and I think it helped filter some out as its markably flatter :-)

btw...im 5 weeks post op
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 02:09:55 PM by Pecman »

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
i think ill start working out again tommorow then =/

Offline Drew

• Posting Member
  • My Chest!
Tomorrow is my 1st post op appointment. I will ask him some questions about this, then hopefully post some helpful info on here.

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
you actually had the surgery the same day as me, but my appointment is in 7 days on wednesday =/

its then she'll cut off the stitches and remove the bandages. I'm hoping that working out will get the swelling and stuff pumped out and have a nice chest for swimming in a couple of weeks.

Offline Drew

• Posting Member
  • My Chest!
hold on a sec....you had surgery 6 days ago and you are about to workout? DON'T!!! That is like the worst thing you can do. Your pec area needs to be as inactive as possible for at least 4 weeks, which includes no exercising of any kind. Surely your doctor told you this?
???
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 06:59:24 PM by ocular »

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
i was told no contact sports for 2 weeks then its all good o.O

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
my left side drained after my surgery, but my right side didnt...ive had a puffy right nip pretty much since the second week post op but I just worked out to get some blood flow going in the area (1st time) and I think it helped filter some out as its markably flatter :-)

btw...im 5 weeks post op

That sounds like a smart pan, doyou think cardio would also help?

Offline Pecman

• Posting Member

That sounds like a smart pan, doyou think cardio would also help?

cardio will probably help also because its pumping blood to virtually every nook and cranny of your body with more vigor than usual...but...

the puffy right nip came back pretty much to what it was before the workout...it has to be some kind of fluid/blood due to swelling though so I'll be asking my PS on wednesday morning what my options are (anti-inflammatory shot, drainage, whatever)...if time is the real issue i'll be willing to wait as long as possible- as long as thats "definite" I don't want to be waiting around forever and have it not change.  We'll see on wed. I guess...wish me luck!

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Good luck!  Hey do you find that it looks a lot better when you wake up in the morning?  When I am in bed, I wake up and I am like "Woo, I am healed!"  but after I am done brushing my teeth reality sets in and I am swollen again.

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
i talked to my ps yesterday and she said that yes it's basically blood under there. In fact, it'll start getting bigger because the body pumps fluid as it tries to reabsorb the blood, but once thats done itll all be gone pretty fast.

She actually tried draining it out, but either she missed or it filled back up immediatly =/

im going back in wednesday to see how its doing.

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
ok i kinda have good news =/

my surgeon said that when the body is reabsorbing blood that it flushes in some fluid and rit now both sides are a little puffed out. I guess that means that the blood is being reabsorbed and is a sign that it'll be healed soon.

Only problem is I'm always nervous because I'm about to go to camp with my gf, its a week long so I gotta take showers, and the reasons are self-explanitory.

I know that since I had the surgery theres not actually gland down there, and I kno its fluid cause I can make is slush and I feel it bounce somtimes. But still, visually it has the same effect as the gland and I want it GONE!!

Offline monty

• Posting Member
My PS had to go at me with a syringe to take a considerable amount of bloody fluid out of my right "breast". I'm still so numb I didn't feel a thing. Made it look better immediately. Said it would have taken a long time to heal otherwise if at all. Anyone out there start with one side bigger and have them eventually match up.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024