Author Topic: Manboobs website  (Read 5810 times)

Offline outertrial

I found this website:

http://www.manboobs.co.uk

I was a bit taken aback at first to be honest. But then i suppose all those guys send their photos in themselves.

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member

wtf.. how can you be proud of that?
Like someone said on here earlier.. it's kinda like a women with a penis..

those people are nuts imo..

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
seems a lot of those guys on that website have been taking hormone pills or something..

I can tell the difference between Gyne and well.. boobs..

Offline outertrial

weird, i dont understand it at all. It goes against everything I know and understand  >:(

Offline subuwrx

• Bronze Member
Well now if anyone asks "does weed cause gynecomastia" instead of answering it all we have to do is send them a link to this thread!!

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
please dont bring this crap into this website and into our minds, we know there is a lot of crazy people out there, but remember this is a gyno haters website.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
well it's really open to anybody, it's for general info for anyone who wants it, and there's a special acceptance board so people can talk without feeling bashed or intimidated.  but there's no disputing 90% of us hate this for sure, anyone who was into growing this would be more at home and find their kind of info on one of the yahoo boards or something. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline outertrial

I was just pointing it out as relevant dude i wasnt trying to pollute your mind  :P

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I think that is an interesting site. Certainly shows another side to how you can feel about having gynecomastia.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
I disagree merle,  this is nothing more than some sick perversion,  we really need to take this website to another direction

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The 'Man Boobs' Site is just having a laugh at the Gyne sufferers expense.

This is printed on the Site:   "Warning : Use of this site requires a sense of humour."

How is this supposed to be taken? The way I see it, they think a man who has breasts should be laughed at.  :-\

Distasteful to say the least!  IMO...

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline outertrial

Yes but it appears that the majority of submissions are from the 'sufferers' themselves. Im assuming they wouldnt send them in if they didnt agree with the tone of the site. Wouldnt gynecomastia be a lot less distressing to have if it was more widely accepted? Humour is a good way of disarming prejudice and many minority groups have taken mainstream pejorative language and stereotypes and made it their own which has to some extent nullified its impact.

I would still never post on that site in a million years though but I think its relevant to us that a lot of guys seem to want to. Maybe it could be a new home for Blatino  ;)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 05:47:46 PM by outertrial »

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I find it interesting that Flavia’s (from Gecko Productions) name and contact details appear on the www.Manboobs.co.uk website.  Many of you will recall the post she put on the UK forum here (http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,7059.0.html) when she approached us looking for volunteers to appear on her documentary.  Initially I was supportive of the idea, but if she is advertising on the manboobs site for volunteers it does make me wonder just what kind of documentary she is really planning.

I am a great believer in live and let live, but I personally find the manboobs website an affront to those of us who hate the affliction we have been cursed with.  It shows no compassion at all to our suffering.  I wonder what would happen if a website sprang up that sought to make fun of people with osteoporosis or alopecia (both of which can be related to male hormonal problems).

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT

I find it interesting that Flavia’s (from Gecko Productions) name and contact details appear on the www.Manboobs.co.uk website.  Many of you will recall the post she put on the UK forum here (http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,7059.0.html) when she approached us looking for volunteers to appear on her documentary.  Initially I was supportive of the idea, but if she is advertising on the manboobs site for volunteers it does make me wonder just what kind of documentary she is really planning.

I am a great believer in live and let live, but I personally find the manboobs website an affront to those of us who hate the affliction we have been cursed with.  It shows no compassion at all to our suffering.  I wonder what would happen if a website sprang up that sought to make fun of people with osteoporosis or alopecia (both of which can be related to male hormonal problems).

Well I have had a hard time getting the guys on this site to have compassion for men that like their chest/breasts. Not every site has to have every perspective. I try to have all, but manboobs is clearly for men that like their breasts or like men that have breasts. If it offends you then don't visit.

Merle

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024