Author Topic: Fielding Success?  (Read 3992 times)

Offline itsgonnahappen

• Posting Member
Ok, so I'm currently 4 weeks post op and getting worried.  It looks alot smaller than before yes, but my nipples are still puffy and it still looks like gyn.  Yes, I've been told it will take alot longer and I am willing to wait but what I am hearing from people who had fielding was that it doesn't improve much.

Has anyone gone into surgery with fielding and gotten their desired result?! Cause all I'm hearing is stories of people being dissatisfied haha and it's freakin me out! I don't want $1590 to have been flushed!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I had surgery with JCF over two years ago and I am very satisfied with the results. However... I did not have Puffies, just full breasts. I have read many a post of unhappy campers who went in for Puffies and did not get the desired results. By different docs tho, not just Dr. Fielding.

Have you posted any recent pics dude?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Everyone has different nipple sizes, no ones the same. Gynecomastia removal surgery (gland excision + lipo) removes the fatty breast tissue so your chest is flatter, and the hard gland behind the nipple. The nipple size shrinks a little bit, but if you are a person who naturally has BIG nipples, then they wont be that much smaller, if that bothers you...you should look into 'areola  reduction' surgery. Dr. Bermant has a lot of info on this. Remember gynecomastia is removing BREAST tissue, not shrinking your nipples into tiny ones. Thats areola reduction surgery. 

At least, this is what i think.

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
six weeks post op now.  Chest looks great, slightly bigger than when I first took of the bandages, but more natural than when I took of the bandages.  The right side still has some healing to do though.

I had full puffy nipples before the surgery.  At this point the puffiness is not completely gone, but much less then before.  I have gone from wearing baggy large size shirts(because of the puffy nipples) to wearing tight medium size shirts and walk around with tonnes of confidence.  Neither nipple is completely puffy on me. Both are slightly puffed out on the edge where the incision was made.  When I touch this area I feel a hardness underneath, which makes me think this is scar tissue.  Hopefully that too will go away in time. 

But overall, I went in with titties with puffy nips and am now a very happy man cause they are gone. ;D

Offline Porcupine_tree

• Posting Member
six weeks post op now.  Chest looks great, slightly bigger than when I first took of the bandages, but more natural than when I took of the bandages.  The right side still has some healing to do though.

I had full puffy nipples before the surgery.  At this point the puffiness is not completely gone, but much less then before.  I have gone from wearing baggy large size shirts(because of the puffy nipples) to wearing tight medium size shirts and walk around with tonnes of confidence.  Neither nipple is completely puffy on me. Both are slightly puffed out on the edge where the incision was made.  When I touch this area I feel a hardness underneath, which makes me think this is scar tissue.  Hopefully that too will go away in time. 

But overall, I went in with titties with puffy nips and am now a very happy man cause they are gone. ;D
How does the whole process work/cost?

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
process is as follows:

Call dr. F's office for a consult.  go to the consult, there is about a two month wait period for this.  Book the surgery after the consult which can be in as little as 4 weeks or up to three months later.  Have the surgery, then go thru the worst part, which is the post-op.  After that you will be a gyne free man.

Cost for me was $1900 for surgery.  This cost depends on the amount of gyne you have.  I think it also includes a $100 overnight stay at the hospital.  I also had to pay for two flights to Toronto and stay at a hotel.

hope this helps.

Offline 1234567

• Posting Member
process is as follows:

Call dr. F's office for a consult.  go to the consult, there is about a two month wait period for this.  Book the surgery after the consult which can be in as little as 4 weeks or up to three months later.  Have the surgery, then go thru the worst part, which is the post-op.  After that you will be a gyne free man.

Cost for me was $1900 for surgery.  This cost depends on the amount of gyne you have.  I think it also includes a $100 overnight stay at the hospital.  I also had to pay for two flights to Toronto and stay at a hotel.

hope this helps.

So how come you only had to make two flights? Is the post-op directly after the surgery or what? Also, how do you get in contact with Fielding? Does he have a website? So far I've only found mention of him on the U of T website.

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
I saw him post-op the following morning.  Since I stayed till Monday in T.O. I guess I could've seen him again to remove the pads, but didnt.  No more appointments after that.  Recovery has gone well and I haven't felt compelled to call his office since I left T.O.

Fielding's number is in Grandpa bambu's signature normally so find a post from him and you will find the doctor's number.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024