Author Topic: Swelling vs. Regrowth  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Dadadaboom

• Posting Member
So, Dr. F says it takes a full year for all the swelling to go away. Is there a point where it SUDDENLY drains out very quickly, or does it go away steadily over the course of the year?

I'm 4.5 months post-op. I think I looked best about 3 months post-op. Now, the swelling seems to be coming back - at least I HOPE it's swelling. Is this normal? Or is it more likely to be re-growth of the breast tissue?

Brebguy had a similar concern - I thought he had regrown his tissue, but now I'm not so sure, it might just be swelling coming back.

I should note that the swelling in my flanks and abdomen (where I also had liposuction) is still mostly there. At this rate, I don't think it'll go away 1 year post-op, unless there's a sudden quantum leap where all the swelling magically drains away. 

Any thoughts?

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
If it got worse AFTER 3 months it sounds like it may have grown back? Have you checked your horemone levels?
Fielding told me results after 3 months are final, although ive been told that he has told other people 6 months to 1 year.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
well in my case, sure it looked better after 3 months but in my case, the only time it actually looked good was a week post op. from that moment till now, it only grew back until i got to the point where it looked exactly as it was before surgery. so in my case, i dont really have concerns anymore, i know its not swelling and that the whole thing is growing back.

from what i know, the healing process is not steady throughout the year. you should be close to the final results at 3 months and still getting a little better throughout the year. in your case, it started looking bad after 3 months only ? odd !?!?!
did you gain weight or change anything in your eating or exercising habits ?

how bad does it look now ?
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Dadadaboom

• Posting Member
I've gained about 3 pounds. But it ain't fat, I can tell. It doesn't look too bad - still a lot better than before the surgery. It seemed to get worse after I started rubbing vitamin E cream into it more often. I think I'll wait a few more months before I go back to Dr. F.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
ok, i would not panic at that point...
guys, havent we be told not to apply any cream or anything on the chest during recovery ? might just be me but for some reason, i feel like i remember something like that.

Offline Dadadaboom

• Posting Member
Dr. F told me to rub Vitamim E cream on the scars to help them heal. It's annoying as hell, and I'd rather do without it, but if it helps the scars heal better then so be it.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
ok cool!

why is it annoying ? are u feeling something ? or is it just the actual action of putting cream everyday ?

Offline Dadadaboom

• Posting Member
Nah, it's just the hassle of putting it on everyday (and I don't like the way it smells).

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
haha you'll survive its for the good cause.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024