Author Topic: Question for all the weight lifters out there.  (Read 2223 times)

Offline ajgdhd

• Posting Member
I had my surgery this Monday the 26th of March and was wondering if some of you serious or regular weight trainers could share your recovery schedule with me.  I had a minor case of gyne with Doc using only Power assisted lypo and only removing about 200-250.  I am a pretty serious weight lifter and he told me I had a lot of pectoral muscle that I am hoping to retain.  I do not want to rush into anything or botch up the surgery I just invested in, but I would like to get back in the gym to stay in the shape I have worked so hard for.  He told after a little over a week I would be able to work my arms and do light cardio with gradual progression.  After reading various posts, it seems like 4 weeks is the general consensus on the amount of time it takes to get back to bench pressing.  Did you guys start really light at week 4? and also do you think if I rebuild the pectoral muscles my chest will contour nicely?  Please share any thoughts or experiences you guys may have had with weight training.

P.S. I am 21 yr old male in pretty good health. (I do use chewing tobacco though, that I have cut back on since surgery)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 12:46:57 AM by ajgdhd »

Offline randomUser

• Posting Member
For my first surgery I was six weeks off training and wearing my vest. When i started back, i just started like medium weight. for Bench I started with a set of 12,then 10, then 8, then one more set of like 7 or 6. After like two weeks i started hitting it hard. No problems whatso ever.

Now after my second surgery I'm probably gonna do the same thing, but I might start it after 4 weeks instead of 6. Either way after 2 or 3 weeks i think i will do light cardio.

Offline randomUser

• Posting Member
i would DEFINITELY not do arms by the way a little after a week. I suggest no upper body weights for like a month. Cardio after 2 weeks only. I guarantee you this is a safe bet. For bench and other chest exercises... a month rest at least, 5-6 weeks best.

Offline ajgdhd

• Posting Member
Whats your reasoning for not working out the arms?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024