Author Topic: What are the best excercises and diets to get rid of man boobs  (Read 7892 times)

Offline Balthasar

I'm doing great by losing weight! No sugar, no salt, no white flour and exercise -  but I'm still embarrassed by my chest.  There is no way I'm going the surgery route.  There has got to be a natural way.  Any thoughts, suggestions or recommendations???

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
recommendation: rethink your position on surgery

there's no diet/exercise that will rid you of glandular gynecomastia

Offline Doodley

• Posting Member
First you've got to accept that gland aint goin away magically.  If you can identify gland, it's staying no matter what---if you're obese, well, then keep with the cardio and diet adjustment.

I have a minor case myself, or at least a managed case, with no real nipple problems to speak of, so for me I exercise to create a sense of proportion for my body.  I hear a lot of people on these boards just coming out and saying "Exercise can't help" when exercise certainly does help, as the problem isn't truly glandular tissue but rather one's sense of peace with oneself.  Feeling better about yourself is the whole point!

Anyway, to contribute to a sense of proportion, stress arms and shoulders rather than chest--that's hard, chest sneaks into arm work!  Preacher curl is good, for example. 

In particular, I'm a fan of dips--hands on parallel bars, lowering and raising yourself.  What this does for me is push out my arms to expand my shoulder breadth.  It does some chest and triceps, but most importantly it expands a bit of muscular wing beneath my arms to push my arms out.  Nice for that big shoulder look, but also nice to situate and frame gland.  With the arms out, some fat or diffuse gland may migrate to the armpit area as well, taking a tiny bit off your profile.  At least I think it does that--try standing in a mirror profilewise with arms at sides, then slowly moving arms away from body to see if it could help, I guess.

That said, I still need surgery!  What I'm suggesting is a tiny adjustment for maybe a tiny improvement, in any case. 

Offline mbsucks

• Posting Member
First you've got to accept that gland aint goin away magically.  If you can identify gland, it's staying no matter what---if you're obese, well, then keep with the cardio and diet adjustment.

I have a minor case myself, or at least a managed case, with no real nipple problems to speak of, so for me I exercise to create a sense of proportion for my body.  I hear a lot of people on these boards just coming out and saying "Exercise can't help" when exercise certainly does help, as the problem isn't truly glandular tissue but rather one's sense of peace with oneself.  Feeling better about yourself is the whole point!

Anyway, to contribute to a sense of proportion, stress arms and shoulders rather than chest--that's hard, chest sneaks into arm work!  Preacher curl is good, for example.  

In particular, I'm a fan of dips--hands on parallel bars, lowering and raising yourself.  What this does for me is push out my arms to expand my shoulder breadth.  It does some chest and triceps, but most importantly it expands a bit of muscular wing beneath my arms to push my arms out.  Nice for that big shoulder look, but also nice to situate and frame gland.  With the arms out, some fat or diffuse gland may migrate to the armpit area as well, taking a tiny bit off your profile.  At least I think it does that--try standing in a mirror profilewise with arms at sides, then slowly moving arms away from body to see if it could help, I guess.

That said, I still need surgery!  What I'm suggesting is a tiny adjustment for maybe a tiny improvement, in any case.  

Dont do dips that works your lower chest which WILL push out the gland and make it look worse

these are some exercise that you should do if you want to build muscle and make your gyno look less noticable

behind the neck shoulder press
incline flyes
incline barbell bench/ dumbell bench press
Rear delt raises
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 12:23:59 PM by mbsucks »

Offline mbsucks

• Posting Member
And do HIT cardio either on an empty stomach first thing in the morning or straight after your workout

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024