Author Topic: Fluid build up  (Read 3681 times)

Offline OnlyMe

• Posting Member
How can you tell there is fluid build up in your chest after surgery??

Offline joe107

• Posting Member
i had a swelling of some kind and i saw my PS and he said it was fluid build.

i could'nt really tell what it was so I reckon see your surgeon to make sure

Offline sack432

• Posting Member
I had surgery last thursday.  I had drains put in and I've dumped around 360cc of fluid out of each site since then.  So thats quite alot of fluid for those that don't have drains put it which sticks around the body.  Its hard to imagine having all that fluid still stuck in there.  In fact one plug was blocked with tissue sunday night and I have to clean the tube out and about 45cc of fluid came out and the soreness (swollen area) subsided under my right side.  Hope this helps.

Offline sack432

• Posting Member
Well the draining has lessen since my surgery (last Thursday).  I started out with around 60cc per drain per day and now it is around 15-25cc per day since yesterday. The color has gone from red to light pink/orange.   I have two tubes sticking out of each side about 2-3 inches from my nipples and drains into two plastic bulbs.  It has gotten somewhat annoying but its bearable.  I get them out tomorrow and I'll post how that went.  I drain them about every 4-5 hours and record them for the doc.  It seems my right side drains more than the left.  Not sure why except the doc said he was taking more tissue out my right side.  Actually the pain I have received the past few days comes from my drains.  I can feel a pinch when I move my compression vest around (i must be pulling on it)  I have to put anticeptic ointment in the sites everyday to ward off infection.  I'm just wondering if i need to get stitches there.  Well hope it helped. 

Offline sack432

• Posting Member
I had the drains removed last friday and it hurt a little, like getting hair pulled out, but nothing i went through after surgery.  Its been two weeks and I'm very swollen, especially my right side, but it is a big improvement.  I can't believe how well the skin tightened up.  Other than the stitches around my nipples and the drain sights it looks real good and almost normal.  I'm very happy i went through the procedure, even though they aren't perfect (never expected it) they are way better than they used to be.  I put on a tank top yesterday and I couldn't believe the difference, i even look less heavier than i used to (probably because i dont' wear 3 shirts to hide).  I even had to change my vocabulary from having breast to having a chest. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024