Author Topic: My blood test, Ultrasound results, and plastic surgeon consult  (Read 1398 times)

Offline ryanp

Hi everyone,

I'll just get into the details:

5'6" 143 lbs (was 139 lbs in August '13 but put on weight due to depression and was as high as 160 lbs back in July before dieting down to my current weight).

Been taking finasteride since May '13. 

Blood test results: Testosterone (730 - normal), Free Testosterone (87.5 - normal), and Estrogen (66 -normal).

Ultrasound results read like this: 

Technique:  "Multiple real time 2D images were obtained of the breasts bilaterally.  Color flow imaging was also performed."

Findings:  "There is fat seen within the chest wall bilaterally however there is no breast parenchyma.  There is no collection or mass."

Impression:  No evidence for gynecomastia or mass.

I went to go see a plastic surgeon to get a second opinion.  He felt that I did have a slight case of gyne but it was "mostly" fat.  He said he could feel the breast tissue under my nipple which I guess has a soft slightly rubbery feel to it.  He offered the usual $3000 tumescent lipo or $6000+ excision/lipo.

What I am wondering is if there is any way to determine if the cause of my gyne was primarily because of Finasteride? 

I know I put on close to 20 lbs between August and July so obviously that was a contributing factor.  If so, after surgery what are the odds the gyne could re-occur if I continue taking the drug.

Are blood tests and ultrasounds pretty much useless when it comes to detecting gyno as both of those came back as normal?

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm freaking out.  I don't want to have moobs, but I don't want to lose my hair either!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024