Author Topic: At the 7 week mark  (Read 2329 times)

Offline st23

• Posting Member
Would it be strange to still have swelling at the 7 week mark?
I'm 42 if that matters. I had a mild case. The contour has improved. it just appears a bit puffy-especially on the one side. At my one month appt,the Dr seemed to think everything was ok. I still have swelling(unless he forgot to lipo) in the armpit area. I'm trying to be patient. If I have to wait longer,then I'm ok with it. I have a sinking feeling that the Dr didn't do the greatest job.Please talk me off the ledge.

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Thats to early! They say 6-9 months for scar tissue to go away,im 4 months post op and my nipps still havent gone down. Im getting nervous,what a emotional roller coaster,now I see what women go through every month..

Offline nygiants92

• Posting Member
I'm also at the 7 week mark, exactly today actually. My chest looks OK right now. Not nearly as flat as it was in the first 1-2 weeks but I also have a lot of scar tissue (more so on my right side than left). I'm always told it's a very long healing process so you just can't worry just yet. I got a checkup next week wednesday so Ill let you know how it goes. If we're not satisfied with how we look by say Thanksgiving or into december which would be around 9 months...then something is probably wrong.

Offline xelnaga13

I had gyno surgery twice. Both times I had a significant build up of scar tissue. My scar tissue never got smaller, until I looked into kenalog shots.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
8 weeks here. A few hard spots, scar tissue is not my major concern. I am still not where I want to be on "flatness". However I would say I am now 40-50% improved towards my goals for post op. Doctor was not happy at 6 weeks with my healing/swelling either, but he is not going to declare success... or failure... till 6 months (i.e. consider revision). I have heard from a few doctors here that I would need to be 12 weeks out(minimum) before they could even give a second opinion on my procedure, if I wanted it.

I am in my 40's and my procedure included "aggressive" lipo (on sides too) in addition to tissue removal. I understand these factors may contribute to increased healing time and appearance delay. No regrets in having the procedure, even if the results may not be all that I want yet.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:20:37 AM by greatlakes »

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
3 weeks here not happy but not unhappy I know I have to wait. If I had puffy nipples for 10 years I can hold on a few more months knowing I have done everything I can. Plus I got cleared to lift weights and loose the damn binder thank god!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024