Author Topic: Plastic surgury help  (Read 3440 times)

Offline understructure

I have suffered from sever gynocomastia my entire life. The large breasts have remained reagardless of whether I have been heavy or slender at various times in my life.  I am currently at a healthy weight and am now suffering both from gynocomastia as well as excess/saggy skin all over my upper body.  The loose skin and the large breasts have resulted in be being ridiculed by a lot of people and have made it difficult for me to be able to be in any situation where i have to be shirtlesss, such as going swimming, changing at the gym, etc.  It is also making it difficult for me to find a long term, monogamous relationship, since many people are extremely turned off by the large breasts and the sagging skin.
    All of the doctors I have consulted say that plastic surgery is the only way to remove the large male breasts and the sagging skin.
  I really need to have this surgery done very soon, but I am having difficulty gaining financing due to the fact that my relatives are unable to cosign with me and due to the fact that my employment history is fairly recent due to just recently completing my masters degree. The lenders tell me that they can only provide financing to people who have had a long term employment history.
  I really need to have these breasts and the excess skin removed in order to have the quality of life I desire and to find the long term relationship that I genuinely want.                 thank you--Matthew

Offline understructure

Thank you so much for your sympathy and your encouragement regarding my situation. To answer you question, many women and gay men that I speak to say that they are not attracted to men with "man-boobs".  Many of them have said this directly to me without realizing that i currently am afflicted with "man-boobs". Also, many times when I have been on the verge of becoming physically intimate with someone, once I take off my shirt, I have been told that my gynocomastia and my loose skin are both "repulsive" sexually.

Again, I would appreciate any advice, information, and/or assistance that anyone can provide in terms of me receiving financial assistance for the reconstructive surgery that is required to enable me to get rid of my gynocomastia and my loose skin.

thanks again, Matther

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
hey understructure, welcome aboard (regrettably so).

i hear that the big credit card companies practically throw plastic at college students... how much more to a masters grad.

try getting some plastic and you will be in like Flynn!  :)

Offline Spleen

It's a very popular misconception that surgery will cure gyno.  

Why do you believe this is a misconception, Graham?  I'm not sure what the emphasis in "cure" is intended to convey.  It's an effective, though not foolproof, method of resolving teats on a guy.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Spleen,

When someone says something will 'cure' you - it implies that the problem will be completely GONE and you will be NORMAL again. Those suffering from gyno want to believe surgery will cure them. Many have the impression that they will come out of surgery (after having it only once), looking NORMAL. Quite often, this is not the case as you can clearly see from these boards - sometimes even when performed by the 'best' surgeons. A more accurate depiction of surgery is that it is likely to improve one's condition, assuming nothing else goes wrong.

that's very true, graham. i had surgery by someone who is very favored on this board and it didn't turn out as well as i had hoped. i am now planning on a revision with the doc to finish it off.

understanding that the first op may or may not get rid of it completely, there is usually the offer of a complimentary revision/touch up to finish it.

i guess it just depends on how desperate one is to get rid of the gyne. for me, 2 surgeries is nothing. because, after that 2nd surgery and I don't have gyne I will be happy. what is the alternative? don't have surgery and stay unhappy?

Offline understructure

Thank you all for your input.  First of all, to answer Graham's questions, I am located in Paso Robles, California, which is about four hours North of Los Angelos, and four hours South of San Francisco.  My financial situation is that I am currently working as a personal life coach/psychological consultant during the day and am also working as a hotel night auditor at night.  Due to the fact that I have recently finished my masters degree and have just started these positions in the past several months, the credit card companies are hesitant to loan me the money and/or give me the credit limit that I need to remove the breast tissue and the excessive skin.  If I had a co-signer, I would be able to have the surgeries and then repay the loans on  my own, since I work enough hours to be able to afford to make high monthly payments.  However, I am unable on my own to provide the doctor with the lump sum amount that he needs to recieve right away in order to perform the surgery.  In addition, I do not have any family members who would qualify as co-signers.

It really saddens me that I have done the inner work and have taken the life steps that are required in order to be ready to settle down into a life-long monogamous relationship, but am having difficulty finding a partner due to the gynecomastia and the excessive skin that is covering my entire upper body.

The doctor who would perform the surgey is extremely well-qualified. His name is Dr. Charles Chalekson and you can look up his credentials by visiting www.laplastics.com.  He informed me that there may be a need for touch-ups, but that he should be able to correct it all in one surgey, since I am now at a normal body weight.  He says that he mostly just needs to remove the excessive breast tissue and loose skin.

Thank you all again for your compassion/emotional support.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
hey bro, I know somebody who had plastic surgery (not gyne) and financed it with this company:

http://www.reliancemedicalfinance.com/forpatients.html

You can go to that website and apply for a loan. I think they have more lax lending standards. It will be a bit more expensive than using a credit card, but what is money compared to emotional health/well-being?

As long as you don't have trashed credit (late pays, charge offs, collections, etc.) and you have an income, then you shouldn't have a problem getting approved.

I see on their list that "liposuction" is mentioned, but not gynecomastia. I'm sure if you just tell them it is liposuction they will not care. Why do they need to know anyways, right?  ;)

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
good call stillgotit,when i was doing my gyne research on the net,I came across a bunch of credit sites for plastic surgery,I was actually going to take this road till I found out I would only have to pay1070$so I just used my M/C,anyways thats a good option for you mathers...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024