Author Topic: stretch marks  (Read 3822 times)

Offline gyno-mite

I'm in the process of losing some weight before I head to the doc's office for a surgery consultation.  In addition to having big boobs, I have a matching gut as well.  I've gained weight so fast tht I have stretch marks on my stomach.

How do I get rid of them?  I'm afraid once I lose the weight I'll still have these nasty stretch marks to remind me of days gone by.  Any suggestions?

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
Even if they are there, wouldn't you rather be thin with stretch marks than fat without stress marks (or with, as teh case may be)?

I would think there would probably be something available to fix that, but I really have no idea what that is. I am sure someone more informed will give you a useful answer.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Once healed, I don't think there is anything that can change the looks of a scar. I could be wrong though.

I think this question was raised once before and Dr. Bermant replied to the post. Do a search...

I have scars from being obese in my teens :-/.   They don't bother me in the least though. :)

John.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 05:52:56 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Spleen

Stretch Marks will fade, but never go away.  I still have stretch marks from a growth spurt in '82.  

Offline rcbrown23

A friend of mine had really bad stratch marks all over his abdomin area. He was still really overweight, but lost enough so that there was stretch marks. They were so bad he would rarely take his shirt off, and I could see why.

He used some stretch mark cream for many, many months (over a year I think) and believe it or not, it helped immensley. Well, I guess I can't really say that, maybe it was just that over time they faded, but now it's barely noticeable at he's out on the boat with everyone else.

I usually do not believe in the "miracle cures" such as creams and such, but it may be worth looking into if it bothers you that much.

-Brown

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Slightly off-topic:

How exactly do stretch marks form?
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
Tha skin stretches(for various reasons)to it's  maximum,then loses the elasticity that will then form the stretch mark...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline tommy

• Bronze Member
  • this  sucks!!!
Do a search, last year i posted this remedy i bought and it was working but im not using it untill i loose wieght. i dont remeber what its called but do a search and include my name.

Offline Taz

• Bronze Member
  • Free at last
Unfortunately once strech marks have formed (from either losing/putting on weight too fast) there is no way of getting rid of them completely.

There are many things that are supposed to help fade them but there is no miracle cure.

Best thing to do is to prevent them in the first place. If you plan on losing a lot of weight slap some Vit E, cocoa butter etc on areas prone to stretch marks- upper arms, stomach, top of thighs etc.

btw your screen name made me chuckle gyne-o-mite :)

Offline rcbrown23

btw your screen name made me chuckle gyne-o-mite :)

Just noticed... ;D

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I got my battle scars from years in the weight room, as a teenager.  They don't bother me too much and I actually wear them like a badge of honor.  Almost like receiving a purple heart for heroism in the weight room.  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024