Author Topic: First post. Unique story, kind of excited, kind of scared!  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Hello everyone, greetings from Australia!

I am very happy to have recently discovered this forum. My story might be similar to that of some members, having breasts that have grown through adulthood (I am average height but slightly overweight) and at the moment I am no bigger than an A Cup, but I am probably going to grow a fair bit in the near future. I am used to wearing a bra, purely for fun at home, and I have a wife who totally accepts my kink even if she might not totally understand it. I know this isn't a crossdressing forum so please, bear with me.

Almost six years ago I had a radical prostatectomy but my PSA level didn't fall to anywhere near zero after the surgery. I then underwent a course of follow-up radiotherapy and my PSA fell to almost (but not quite) zero a couple of years later. But, two years ago, my PSA level started to rise again. I am now on the cusp of getting a PET Scan and undergoing further treatment. The last time I saw my oncologist he suggested that the next step will involve hormone therapy but we haven't gone into any detail yet. I see him again in three weeks, following my next blood test. Over the last couple of months I have done a great deal of research into the different methods of hormone therapy and I feel confident enough to be able to make an informed decision on exactly which path to go down, if I'm allowed a choice.

Hormone therapy for first line treatment of, or for recurrent, prostate cancer may result in many side effects. Gynecomastia is highly likely for one particular avenue (anti-androgen monotherapy) vs. LHRH agonist injections, but it also has a far less chance of other typical side effects such as hot flushes etc. which I would find totally debilitating - I still work full time, in a factory, and would not be able to simply go and sit in a corner and cool down.

So here I am, loving my existing small moobs, comfortable when occasionally wearing a bra at home, and excited at the thought that that they will grow significantly and demand full time support. On the other hand, I won't be able to simply remove them for a while if they become a hassle. I would still rather grow boobs than put up with the other side effects but I'm still not quite ready to flaunt them in public. Interesting times ahead!

i will attempt to post some pics in the near future.

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
In response to your questions about the hot flashes.  I have some extensive experience in this area. I also had prostate cancer, but my surgery was successful and I did not need any follow up procedures.  However, I did lose both of my testes over the course of a couple years.  Over that time period I suffered from hot flashes. After the lost of the second one, my testosterone went to zero. The hot flashes were uncomfortable, but nothing like what you see on TV with middle aged women. My wife has been going through menopause for years and she just works through the flashes as well.  The worst thing I experienced was the night sweats, which were "drenching".

I have gotten them on the golf course in heat and was okay too.  You should consider going the route makes you more comfortable. But I wanted to let you know the hot flashes were not the end of the world for me.

After my last testes was removed I had to wait two weeks and then two more for blood tests to see if my testosterone would fall to.  I know the adrenal gland makes some as well. My doctors were a bit surprised it dropped to undetectable for this reason. I have been on Testosterone for the past 3.5 years for bone health. I still get a flash now and again though.

Best of luck to you on your health.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Welcome to the board! I too have had prostate issues. Just an enlarged prostate causing multiple night time trips to restroom that just got to be too much. I already had sizable gynecomastia to start with and had read about possible further growth in about one in a hundred on the medication they prescribe. I turned out to be the one in ten thousand and now wear a 40DD daily. It hasn’t been hard at all to conceal the girls. Good luck!

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Thanks for the replies guys.

I have absolutely no desire to transition, but I often find myself wishing for bigger boobs, mainly because it would be easier to find a bra that fits even though at the moment I might only wear one occasionally. The thought that they might grow depending on what treatment I might end up with is both exhilarating and scary. If I can get away with persuading my oncologist that the standard treatment is not for me, based on the side effects that I want to avoid, and I end up with anti-androgen monotherapy instead, then I won't be unhappy regardless how big the girls get or what pain they give me along the way. I note that Tamoxifen can be prescribed during treatment to deal with gynecomastia and breast pain, but guess what one of its side effects is? Hot flashes!

Thanks for your concern about my health mgr. I feel fine, still relatively young and strong, capable of almost everything, and not worried about the end game. In the meantime maybe the hot flashes will be nothing to worry about, but they are still my biggest worry. The other reasons that I want to avoid traditional LHRH agonist therapy is the increased risk of muscle loss and osteoporosis compared to the alternative. I sometimes think that the reason it has become the default strategy is that most PC patients are elderly, no longer working, and can deal with the side effects better at home. 

Offline 42CSurprise!

In my exploration of gynecomastia that has become more pronounced the last two years I was surprised to encounter online discussions of men NOT interested in transitioning but very interested in having larger breasts.  I have to say that reflecting on how this is happening in my body, there is a part of me that feels disappointed when I come upon treatment options that would reduce breast size.  I guess a part of me is content with larger breasts, perhaps even is happy about that prospect.  At the same time I'm not inclined as many men are to pursue the least invasive option of taking supplements to increase breast size.  From photos I've seen it appears this is possible.  I'm going to trust mother nature here.  Blessedly, my prostate issues have not led to surgery so I'm not taking medication that would increase breast size.  You are on a slightly different path, but with a similar affection for breasts and wearing brassieres that I have.  You may wish to check out the Acceptance forums here where such matters are discussed.  Good luck in finding your way through these circumstances.

Offline MammaryMan

• Bronze Member
If you are undergoing androgen deprivation therapy (for more than 6 to 9 months) for prostate cancer, breast enlargement most often happens (but not always).

There is a remedy that is effective in 80% of the time. That is a short course of radiation therapy to the breasts. Normally a few sessions at a 3 to 4 Gray radiation dosage. A prostate oncologist should have information about this (a urologist may not)

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
If you are undergoing androgen deprivation therapy (for more than 6 to 9 months) for prostate cancer, breast enlargement most often happens (but not always).

There is a remedy that is effective in 80% of the time. That is a short course of radiation therapy to the breasts. Normally a few sessions at a 3 to 4 Gray radiation dosage. A prostate oncologist should have information about this (a urologist may not)
Thanks, MM.

I am aware of radiation used as a preventative against gynecomastia resulting from ADT and the chances of breast growth happening at all. From my research, the chance of gynecomastia from straight anti-androgens is around 70%, and from LHRH injections/implants, around 20%. I'm willing to take my chances and accept breast growth if it happens, especially if I can avoid other side effects, and if my breasts become bothersome later on then I might consider doing something about it. There is still a 30% chance of no growth at all!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024