Author Topic: Gyno is hurting.  (Read 9769 times)

Offline TheOregonKid

• Posting Member
My gyno has been mildly painful for the last couple of weeks.  I'm meeting with my surgeon tomorrow and scheduling an appointment (so excited).  One of my big fears is that it will grow back.  Could recent discomfort suggest that it is growing again....it doesn't seem to have grown since I was about 20.
“Whoever despises himself still esteems the despiser within himself” -Friedrich Nietzsche

DrBermant

My gyno has been mildly painful for the last couple of weeks.  I'm meeting with my surgeon tomorrow and scheduling an appointment (so excited).  One of my big fears is that it will grow back.  Could recent discomfort suggest that it is growing again....it doesn't seem to have grown since I was about 20.

Pain and discomfort can be Symptoms of Gynecomastia gland under stimulation. Getting a problem stabilized first is the best way to minimize chances for recurrence after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If the cause of pain or discomfort is known, such as friction from clothing etc. Then it is a problem that we could treat on our own simply by using garments the prevent the rubbing for instance.. If the breasts are painful and there is not a known reason, it should be reason enough to get you to see the Doctor.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
During periods of breast growth it is quite possible the breast tissue would become painful. This is found with both men and women. You are doing the right thing with seeing a surgeon. There is not much you can do unless you are taking pro-hormone supplements, which may aggravate the situation, in which case of course you should stop. I can tell you from experience re-growth after having proper gynecomastia surgery is very uncommon.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Quote from: Dr. Cruise link=topic=21677.msg147106#msg147106 date=1287084596
I can tell you from experience re-growth after having proper surgery is very uncommon.

Dr. Cruise, why is this so?  I have often seen the doctors here talk about re-growth occurring if the reason for the growth to begin with is not stopped and if the gyne is still in an active phase. 

But I don't understand how there would be "re-growth".  I know you can't get every bit of tissue, but you've removed the majority of tissue and cells. 

Why don't women who have had a mastectomy have "re-growth"?  Or, do they?   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024