Author Topic: Mammograms  (Read 7852 times)

Offline SideSet

I have had a mammogram, also.  Very professional.  A little curious.  Extremely empathic and sympathetic.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I wish mine was as good. Rude technician and curt answers.  just said I did not have breast cancer and di have gynecomastia.  And the feeling was get out of my room.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

CW38C

Please guys, go and get a mammogram. Also, learn to do breast self exam (BSE) and have a clinical breast exam yearly. I was doing nothing and one day when I took my wife to her gynecologist, the dpctor (a woman) asked to examine my breasts. She "felt something" in my left breast and ordered a mammogram. That ended up being followed with a breast ultrasound for the 2cm mass that was discovered. Followed again by a stereotactic biopsy. All techs and doctors were quite professional and didn't make a big deal about my presence. NO CANCER! The latest development is that a blood test determined that I have a BRCa2 genetic mutation. As a result, I have a lumpectomy scheduled and have been put on Tamoxifen as a preventative. Turns out that BRCa2 an also lead to protate cancer, so I am in the process of scheduling a biopsy to determine if cancer is present. This could lead to a prostatectomy, or possibly surgical castration to remove the source of testosterone.

hammer

Please guys, go and get a mammogram. Also, learn to do breast self exam (BSE) and have a clinical breast exam yearly. I was doing nothing and one day when I took my wife to her gynecologist, the dpctor (a woman) asked to examine my breasts. She "felt something" in my left breast and ordered a mammogram. That ended up being followed with a breast ultrasound for the 2cm mass that was discovered. Followed again by a stereotactic biopsy. All techs and doctors were quite professional and didn't make a big deal about my presence. NO CANCER! The latest development is that a blood test determined that I have a BRCa2 genetic mutation. As a result, I have a lumpectomy scheduled and have been put on Tamoxifen as a preventative. Turns out that BRCa2 an also lead to protate cancer, so I am in the process of scheduling a biopsy to determine if cancer is present. This could lead to a prostatectomy, or possibly surgical castration to remove the source of testosterone.

Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time! I hope that everything else goes well!

Gods bless!

Bob

Offline Johndoe1

The only female primary doctor I have ever had, and only had her for about 2 years, always gave me breast exams. My primary male doctors never have. I have a secondary female doctor now for another issue, and we do talk about my breasts, but that isn't her specialty.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline walt

• Gold Member
Hi Guys, I have had 2 mamos and both breast and scrotal ultrasounds , I work in a hospital and know the xray Tecks never had an issue , My sister had her DNA done and has the BRACA jean guessing I do as well but have not done the DNA yet, we both have pituitary issues and she has had a lumpectomy . My endo Dr has left and I have a new male endo but can't get in to see him until April.My old Endo was Female and she gave me a full clinical breast and testicular exam yearly as well as hormone levels. I am still growing and can fill a solid B cup and as far as my PCP he did not do a breast exam he said that was up to my Endo Dr.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024