Author Topic: Need number to St. Joseph's quick  (Read 3837 times)

Offline Creek

• Posting Member
Hey everyone
was supposed to call today to get my surgery time for tomorrow, but being the idiot I am I waited until after work at 5 assuming fielding's office would still be open at this time (it was the last tuesday I went there). I'm wondering if anyone has to number to St. Joe's onhand since I need to verify my time.
It's really great how there's only a few hour time window to accertain one of the most important appointments of your life.

Offline Creek

• Posting Member
Heh, found the hospital website and called the day surgery extension. I'm all set, so thanks anyway.
Now for the bad news- my surgery is like the first one scheduled, whic means I gotta wake up at like 4 in the morning and take a taxi al the way downtown because the lousy subways don't start until 6.
Going to be a fun day tomorrow.

Offline fourrings

• Posting Member
Good luck Creek.  Keep us posted.  Hope your recovery goes quick...

Offline theprick

• Posting Member
I just had my surgery today as well.  Mine was at 2:00, got home at 7:00 and I live an hour away.  It was a breeze.  The worst parts so far were, waiting around for 3 hours before the surgery, and them ripping my arm hairs out when they took the tape off that was securing my IV, lol.  There seems to be a little discomfort now, but definately no pain.  There is a little bit of leakage on my right right side, absoultly nothing on my left side.  I think sleeping might be hard tonight because of the comfort level.  I hate sleeping on my back.  I guess I'll have to learn to like it.
I'll keep everyone posted in further days.
Later, theprick.

Offline theprick

• Posting Member
How did your surgery go creek?

Offline Creek

• Posting Member
Hey all,
had my surgery first thing in the morning yesterday. It went pretty smoothly and I don't really remember anything after the anesthesiologist injected me. The next thing I know is I'm waking up in the recovery room, from where I was whisked away to a private room where I stayed the night. The nurses were extremely nice and I didn't feel that much pain until the afternoon when it hit me like a brick. The nurse gave me two tylenol 3's and I've been pretty much fine since. I left this morning and I have to go back to the hospital for a check-up next tuesday.
Now all I got to do is keep up the excuses to my family and friends for the next couple of weeks and it'll be smooth sailing from there.

I got one question though. I supposed to go to the community health centre at St. Joe's next week, but I have no idea where that is. Is that a building or a department or what?

Offline Bigt

• Posting Member
ya i got my appointment next tuesday at 1:pm, and I think the community health centre is a Department at st.joe's.  Im hiding this from everyone also, how old are u?.  I just gotta wear sweaters till tuesday to hid this pad cuz it sticks out pretty bad... anyways i heard it was going to rain on tuesday, so there is a good excuse to wear a jacket.

Offline Creek

• Posting Member
hey,
I've got a appointment at the same time- I hope they didn't double book us or something. My says number 19, I don't know what that signifies though.
Just for the record, I'm 21 and I work part time. I'm hiding this by wearing a shirt and a long sleeve t-shirt. I'd try sweaters but it's too hot. I hope it cools down so i can wear a spring jacket instead.

Offline Bigt

• Posting Member
hey creek how are you hiding this so far?

Offline Creek

• Posting Member
Doing alright so far. Had to make up a few excuses for wearing a long sleeve shirt and the fact that I'm not that mobile (said I hurt my back faling down the stairs at my friends house and I'm wearing to shirts to cushion the bruise), but no one's seemed to doubt me so far. It's really getting annoying trying to juggle all these damn cover stories to various people though.

Offline Bigt

• Posting Member
Hey creek do you plan on taking a peek, cuz im dying to see mine, plus blitz and zardoz took peaks and fielding wasnt mad or upset at it.  I do kno what ppl mean about the itching, damn, its killing my left nipple like something is chewiiing on it.  I feel like riping the pad of and scratching it till the skin comes of. oh my post op is for 1:15 on tuesday

Offline Creek

• Posting Member
No, I'm almost afraid to take a peak. Knowing my luck I'll accidently unravel the bandages and not be to put them back on or snag something on a stitch. I don't even like moving my arms around too much for fear that my skin will come out of allignment and then the scar will start to heal together at a weird angle. Guess I'm a little paranoid.
As for pain and itching: the pain hasn't really bothered me since the day of the surgery. But the Itching, man, it feels like I've got mosquito all over my chest and back.

Offline theprick

• Posting Member
I'm definately not taking a peek.  I'm gonna leave the removal of the pads to the good doctor Fielding.  The pain is nothing, only took 2 T3's, one before I went to sleep the day it was done, and one when I woke up.  I have full mobility of both arms.  My itching isn't too bad, but the rubbing of the tendon gave me a blister.  So far, so good.  From what I can tell, amazing job.
-theprick.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024